*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Stuck Injector advice.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Stuck Injector advice.

Postby Spike2450 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi, purchased a year 2000, non turbo banana engine with Bosch 0460414145 pump, to put into a boat.

Stenadyne Injectors are all stuck in and no movement, i have searched.
My choices, what would you do.

Get a local company to come and remove them, what would they charge ?

Remove the head and soak in plusgas from the cylinder side, can i also then use heat ?

As they are well stuck will starting with a loose retaining bolt shift them ?

They seem to be orange spot injectors, i haven't got a number yet to confirm it, but if they are the wrong injectors for this pump then i could give the injectors a lot more force to get them out.

Any help is apprecated.
95 plate 110 Transit connect lwb 87,000 miles
Spike2450
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Stuck Injector advice.

Postby DodgeRover » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:09 pm

Can you run it, or crank it over briskly with the retaining bolts backed off a couple of turns - the diesel compression should shift them?

Why do they need to come out anyway?
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Spike2450 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:41 pm

I will try and see if the compression will shift them, i wanted to get the heard serviced by a local engineering company, mainly an over tbe winter thing and wanting the reliablitly for future use.

Once it's in the boat it will be a lot harder than sat on my garage floor.
Spike2450
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AndyG » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:08 am

Well, if it's going to an engineering company, then surely they have all the nessessary know how and facilities at their disposal :idea: (and should include the injector removal as part of the deal :?: )
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby avrash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:53 am

It may be a little crude but I have soaked the area in petrol to break down the carbon deposits. Using a brush and little efforts to remove and apply more petrol. It's worked for me everytime but is a lengthy process. You need patience. There is a place in Willenhall that removes glow plugs and injectors if they are not moving called T & M garages. I did have a van come in that someone had tried to drill out the glow plugs??!? It was a right mess, I got a new cylinder head from http://www.lyymengineparts.co.uk. I'm not sure whether they do injectors or not, might be worth a try.
avrash

Postby avrash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:06 pm

avrash wrote:It may be a little crude but I have soaked the area in petrol to break down the carbon deposits. Using a brush and little efforts to remove and apply more petrol. It's worked for me everytime but is a lengthy process. You need patience. There is a place in Willenhall that removes glow plugs and injectors if they are not moving called T & M garages. I did have a van come in that someone had tried to drill out the glow plugs??!? It was a right mess, I got a new cylinder head from http://www.lymmengineparts.co.uk. I'm not sure whether they do injectors or not, might be worth a try.
avrash

Postby gotgcoalman » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:38 pm

It's an out of body engine?
As in engine on the floor and no rusty hulk around it?

If thats the case I'd split the nannas to get better access and try a large adjustable spanner or pipe grips to "wiggle" and a pry bar or long robust
screwdriver to apply slight upward force on the U of the injector.

Wiggle and lift for the first part and then once the injector is moving you can twist and pull it up by hand.
ne m'écoute pas je suis plein de merde.
A house without a dog is like a forum without a BJT.
Too bloody quiet :shock:
gotgcoalman
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Spike2450 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Thanks will try that, just don't know how much force the injectors will take, soon find out i suppose.
Spike2450
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Guy88 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Iv wrapped them with mig wire and hooked an engine crane to it and lift engine with it, leave it overnight and its generally loose by morning

Just make sure it wont fall over
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions