*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Deadlocks seems jammed on passenger door

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Deadlocks seems jammed on passenger door

Postby Darren 84 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi ive recently bought a mk6 transit and the passenger door wont open. All the electrics sound like they are working and every other door opens and locks fine, the rod on the handle seems to be doing its job and the cable on the inside latch is working fine it just seems like the deadlock is jammed. Anyone have any ideas how to get the door open ..its becoming a pain everyone getting in and out the drivers side.
Darren 84

Re: Deadlocks seems jammed on passenger door

Postby sherifflocks » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:43 pm

Bit of a pain. But you can release if you remove the door card. And can get to the lock. Use a small flat screwdriver and prise the bar across. Hard to explain without photos
sherifflocks

Re: Deadlocks seems jammed on passenger door

Postby Darren 84 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Luckily the door card is off as the last time it opened which was rare i removed the lock and oiled it, put it back in to test and havent been able to get in since. I think i know where you mean is it at the back of the lock assembly where the external handle rod levers down onto it. If it is that it seems stuck solid ...maybe a spring or something missing
Darren 84

Return to Technical Problems & Questions