*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

No power on my ford transit

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

No power on my ford transit

Postby Actor63 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:40 pm

I had a loss of power on my van 2002 FWD model 260 2litre transit, i found metal filings in the fuel filter, so a new fuel injector pump was fitted, a full timing chain kit was also fitted as this was badly worn, a new fuel filter and full service, the fuel tank was taken off and cleaned out as were the flow and return pipes, the gate valve was checked ok, the turbo was checked ok, the cat on the exhaust was checked ok,the clutch and gearbox are ok, there are no noises or rattles from the engine, no smoke from the exhaust, it starts and sounds mint, no lights on the dashboard, it has been checked on a Modus diagnostic machine and no codes present, but after all this it still has no power it's as if the fuel is being restricted and this power loss is bad on any slight incline it loses speed fast,
I am trying to find a ford transit fault flow chart for a 2002 2 litre FWD
Actor63
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: No power on my ford transit

Postby ned » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:26 pm

Did you have the injectors done as the metal filings from a failed pump will have past into them before being returned to the fuel tank via return pipes some filings may still be in the injectors restricting the flow I was under the impression that if the pump failed and needed replacing the injectors also needed replacing.
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Actor63 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:15 pm

The fuel injectors were taken out and sent off to be tested and i was told they are not the worst he has seen but there are pretty close, they are blocked with metal filings from the old injector pump which started to break up. So fingers crossed when i get them back the van should be fine.
New fuel injector pump,(pump knackered) new timing kit set and seal (chain worn) and reconditioned injectors.
Actor63
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Actor63 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:40 pm

The van is now running perfect, you were right about the injectors they were cleaned and reconditioned and put back in the van.
Actor63
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions