*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

how to de class my mk 7 t330?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: how to de class my mk 7 t330?

Postby discover » Mon May 09, 2016 2:13 am

I've done the b+e test and as long as you have a decent instructor it's no bother. One day from start to finish.
discover
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigjohnthomas » Mon May 09, 2016 6:36 am

first time I took it I crashed the tractor unit into the crash barrier
doing the reversing bit :lol:
first bit of the test too
do you want to carry on or do you want to f*** off home now
the examiner said :(
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mark0 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Lesson booked for the morning. Said me having a bulk head is no issue as long as the examiner has other mirrors to check the trailer whilst being towed. Booked 2 hrs in so see what happens!
Mark0
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby (ROG) » Wed May 11, 2016 11:48 am

Mark0 wrote:Lesson booked for the morning. Said me having a bulk head is no issue as long as the examiner has other mirrors to check the trailer whilst being towed. Booked 2 hrs in so see what happens!

Are you using your own trailer ? = if yes then what weight/ballast have you loaded into the trailer for the test ?
EX IAM car and commercial observer
(ROG)
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby (ROG) » Wed May 11, 2016 11:51 am

Mark0 wrote:Swb ex rac 330 and i want to tow a caravan. If im reading everything correctly on the dvla site my mam weight is 3300kgs leaving me 200kgs for towing a caravan?
Im thinking reduce the mam weight to about 1900kgs leaving at least 1500kg for a fully laden caravan and 100kg for afor mentioned white lightning and some stella for some up market snake bite. Mrs is pretty skinny thankfully although her thirst for wine may reduce my stella count...
Not sure how much i can reduce the mam weight of the van by to allow me to tow though.... bloody eu rules

As someone already stated - you can tow a caravan with a MTPLM/MAM of 750kg on a B licence with this vehicle as long as the towing capacity is ok for the actual weight being towed

I suspect that trying to down plate the GVW on the vehicle is going to be almost impossible
EX IAM car and commercial observer
(ROG)
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mark0 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:45 pm

No I will be using an instructors trailer apparently needs 600kg in it for the test. I'm not looking a at the down plate route now. If I don't pass the test I'll have to sell the van. I did pretty well in all fairness 6 reversing attempts and did all 6. The drive went really well also including reversing up a road with a car behind me due to coming head to head with a hgv. Sadly it's the test environment I usually struggle with. Its booked now though so hopefully all will be well!
Mark0
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:08 pm

martynx wrote:Running 18's as well, I had the tyre load rating challenge at a local class 7 MOT test centre & wanted softer suspension anyway so decided to downrate /reclass it as a class 4 of approx T260SWB spec...VOSA weren't interested in helping as it was under 3500GVW, DVLA were, so I wrote stating that i had fitted 260 SWB spec suspension & provided a pic of new VIN / weights passenger B post label that i had made reflecting figures of what a mine as T260 SWB would be .( easily souced from vin-tags.com or similar )

V5 came back with new GVW no problem. At next MOT i told the tester what i had done, showed him the V5 & weight plate & he very easily changed the classification from 7 to 4, then tested it as a class 4. Job done.Tyres now of course well within ratings for each axle. It was all a way to avoid the fee that SVtech charge.I did change my springs etc but If you were to do something similar , leaving the suspension stock, declared it as say a T300 you would be well on the legal side of all the stated weight limits on your new weight plate as long keep the GVW under 3000kg's etc. Your tyre load ratings would be fine also, from what i recall, as a T300.

I'm wanting to do the opposite, I've got a 280 lwb mk7 but its based on a 300 but lowered at factory to 280 going by etis print out, is this a case of them just changing the figures or do they actually change stuff??
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby martynx » Mon May 16, 2016 11:22 pm

I'd assume spring & damping rates are specific for each application but confusingly I did hear same springs are used on 260/280 SWB low roof..on mine I crawled under a few vans that were a spec that i wanted and read the part number of the Leafs then looked at colour coding on front springs...

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions