*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 Aircon problem

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Mk7 Aircon problem

Postby andz327 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:34 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:
Altransit wrote:
bambi mk 1 wrote: Wish you luck changing it Al :roll:

I've already looked and I'm not going there :shock: My tame local garage has quoted me £150 plus to change it and degas/regas, and I trust their work 8)

bambi mk 1 wrote:Change the ac tensioner and belt when your at it :idea:

I'll ask about them doing this as well, got any part numbers :?: :mrgreen:

No numbers Al but might have some spares if I take them off tomorrow before I burn it :evil:

Good call much easiness with pump off
But once you've done them a few times
The tensioner bolts are fairly easy with engine mount off and engine pulled forward with small ratchet strap, plenty room

andZ3 Sony Z3
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Mk7 Aircon problem

Postby loicremy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:08 am

daipower wrote:Hi,
One fan would spin all the time and the other wouldnt kick in at all. What you need to do is look at the fan that doesnt kick in, disconnect the whole plastic housing from the rad, it will come out with a bit of a fiddle. You then have the two fans in the housing in front of you. If you open up the fan that doesnt work and clean the brushes inside and put it back together and refit. You will find that the one fan that used to be on all the time is now off, it will kick in when required, and the second fan will also kick in when required. Whats key is that the van needs to see a signal from the second fan to switch on the aircon pump.
You can test the fan on the bench by putting in two wires from a battery, but make sure your fingers are well clear as they kick in quite hard.
Let us know if it works for you
Dai

I just did the trick (unmounted fans, cleaned fan motors with KF-F2 then WD40, tested on bench...) and it works now perfectly !!!
I will buy a new one, but I'm very happy : aircon ok for holidays !!

MANY MANY THANKS !

Loïc
loicremy

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions