*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ex BT Eberspacher controller instructions

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Ex BT Eberspacher controller instructions

Postby The Pensioner » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi there guys,have an Ex BT Smiley (grey Mk3 )convrted into day van with Eberspacher water heater system,The dash controller was BT specific not Eberspacher ,its the one with small display window and 2 buttons for timer etc. Does anyone have the operating instructions for this type ,have searched but only later 701 controller info found
Thx
The Pensioner

Re: Ex BT Eberspacher controller instructions

Postby Jim Archer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:46 am

I'm pretty sure from when I had mine that the control was a standard Eberspacher part, and just downloaded the instructions from their site.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby The Pensioner » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks but they only show a 701 and similar ,this is the BT spec early one ,98 just a display and 2 buttons .BT had their own instruction leaflet found 1/2 showing what system does just need heads up on controller operation dont want it on all the time so basically just need to know which is on/off

Thx
The Pensioner

Postby Jim Archer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:42 am

It's deffo not a BT specific part - you see loads of boats and campers with the same controller.

If I recall, left button is 'on-off' - but you need to tell the unit it's in manual or auto, the right is 'advance'. You have to press and hold for a few secs for it to register.

Press both together (I think) and you can scroll through a basic menu - time, on time, run time (runs for 1hr max), on, off, etc.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby The Pensioner » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:21 am

Many thx fir info , now sorted,pre starting warm up,hot water to wash hands working a dream even on timer
again many Thx
The Pensioner

Return to Technical Problems & Questions