*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Crankshaft flywheel timing pin hole

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Crankshaft flywheel timing pin hole

Postby Rifpilchard » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Dear All

I was hoping someone could help me out on this.

I have a transit 2.5D engine "Diesel" 1989 (the one before the banana 2.5di) fitted in a land rover series 3

I have recently tried to change the timing belt on this engine and I noticed that the pin locking point (Top hat bush protruding out of the engine case) that locks the crank via the flywheel seems to be very loose. I notice in the manual that this 13mm bush is located at the back of the engine nr the starter motor. When I have inserted a 13mm pin in to the hole the bush (18 mm ext dia) moves about within a 25mm hole in the engine case, I would have thought that this bush should be fixed in the engine case and unable to move. when the pin is inserted the the crank will move 2-3mm each way and I am sure this is not right. I hope I have made sense in the details above I can try to get some photos if it is not totally clear.

Best regards

Jon (RiF)
Rifpilchard
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Crankshaft flywheel timing pin hole

Postby MinorMatt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:43 pm

Yes it should be fixed in place!
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions