*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Help With Buying A Recovery Truck.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Help With Buying A Recovery Truck.

Postby rory-ray » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Evening guys.

Been running through my options lately.

I have a twin axel trailer that I use for towing, however with my 4x4 on the back im very close if not slightly over the max weight.

Also im towing with my trusty mk6 transit that I use daily for work so dont want to strian the hell out of it towing although it doesn't struggle its not exactly built for towing such weight.

Looking at my options I could sale the trailer for £1000 easy and use that towards a purpose made recovery truck.

Being a transit man im looking at getting a smiley face as there popping up for sale for around £1500/£2500.

Now I've only ever owned mk6 transits so dont know much about mk5's or recovery ones for that matter! Can anyone give me some advice on one , the good bad and ugly, best engine size etc

Thanks in advance!!
rory-ray
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Help With Buying A Recovery Truck.

Postby DodgeRover » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:45 pm

Whats your 4x4 weigh when its wet and caked in mud? The legal carrying capacity of a normal LWB recovery isn't great to be honest, you really need to know what the unladen weight is of whatever you fancy buying to being with.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Technical Problems & Questions