*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DPF disclaimer

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

DPF disclaimer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Anyone signed a disclaimer re the dpf on a new van?
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Re: DPF disclaimer

Postby mealic » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:34 am

If you have a DPF delete carried out does this cause the gases in the cylinders to burn hotter.
Subsequently would this allow the engine to possibly overheat and throw up other significant problems ?
Would the ECU hold a "history" of what might have been changed or removed and perhaps replaced ?

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:42 am

I don't know the answers to most of that but I'm sure that modern ecu's know exactly what's happened to them.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby bigjohnthomas » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:49 am

I am very concerned that vehicles are being modified in such a way that is clearly detrimental to peoples health this undermines the hard work that ford have done to improve emission standards

allcock
xx
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby motorman116 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:34 am

mealic wrote:If you have a DPF delete carried out does this cause the gases in the cylinders to burn hotter.
Subsequently would this allow the engine to possibly overheat and throw up other significant problems ?
Would the ECU hold a "history" of what might have been changed or removed and perhaps replaced ?

DVSA are saying that we are getting computers that we plug into the obd port next year to check if a DPF has been tampered with in any way, and if it has, it will be an instant fail on the Mot...
2008 3.2 5 pot diesel Ford Transit GLX Lwb, Hr
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby mealic » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:57 pm

motorman116 wrote:
mealic wrote:If you have a DPF delete carried out does this cause the gases in the cylinders to burn hotter.

DVSA are saying that we are getting computers that we plug into the obd port next year to check if a DPF has been tampered with in any way, and if it has, it will be an instant fail on the Mot...

So from new we have at least three years of fun polluting the world then................................... until you guys spoil it all. :twisted:

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby DodgeRover » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Best be cutting the obd plug off then....or fitting a false one wired direct to +12v to stop car theives.

Actually thinking about it for MOT purposes screwing a cover over it would do, items requiring dismantling are not tested so it should be a pass and advise...
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby motorman116 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:40 am

DodgeRover wrote:Best be cutting the obd plug off then....or fitting a false one wired direct to +12v to stop car theives.

Actually thinking about it for MOT purposes screwing a cover over it would do, items requiring dismantling are not tested so it should be a pass and advise...

They have already thought of that :lol: I have heard that if they can't connect to the obd port to get the data for any reason then it will be an instant fail (We already have a section on the system for items not tested, that is failures) :shock:
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:56 am

That's tough on someone who unknowingly buys a remapped van and only finds out when it fails the first mot.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Punto443 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:45 am

I had heard that as part of some roadside stops that connecting to the obd port to check vehicle ID and dpf's etc was already being undertaken in Some areas.

However that may just of been heresay?
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby motorman116 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:13 am

Punto443 wrote:I had heard that as part of some roadside stops that connecting to the obd port to check vehicle ID and dpf's etc was already being undertaken in Some areas.

However that may just of been heresay?

Yes they already have all the equipment for checking the ECU's for illegal Dpf removal and vehicle data, and it is being used in some areas. Plus they have the equipment for checking window tints, exhaust loudness ect ect.
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:23 am

Mike wrote:That's tough on someone who unknowingly buys a remapped van and only finds out when it fails the first mot.

is a remap to become or has become a not fail ?

the filth round here do that odb port plug in stuff started a year or 2 ago
hth
mikes mom
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Wadey » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 pm

It won't be long before someone will do a
Dpf delete that's undetectable I'm sure iv heard of Dpf deletes that don't delete it it just thinks it's still working like an add blue emulator it still thinks the add blue systems working it just never thinks it gets hot enough to work so really unless you know it's there your not gonna know
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Wadey wrote:It won't be long before someone will do a
Dpf delete that's undetectable

I get the impression that the latest ECU's can tell when they've been infiltrated and can tell Ford that's the case.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Jim Archer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:13 am

VOSA are deffo downloading HGVs round here and impounding anything that isn't factory stock.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Next

Return to Technical Problems & Questions