*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

injectors fault again

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

injectors fault again

Postby k11gmh » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Hello all you technical guys again my 2004 2.4 tdci has let me down less than a 1000 mile since the injectors were replaced back in June. Number 1 injector is open circuit again and I must admit the last couple of weeks using more fuel as I am working in the same location, the van did a couple of days ago seem to miss fire but not lights and carried on.
Can anybody explain why I am having these injector issues the company that supplied the injectors tell me it is a crap system surly not, but why in such a short time and running am I having these expensive issues can not understand it ? HELP please
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: injectors fault again

Postby knobby1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:18 am

k11gmh wrote:Hello all you technical guys again my 2004 2.4 tdci has let me down less than a 1000 mile since the injectors were replaced back in June. Number 1 injector is open circuit again and I must admit the last couple of weeks using more fuel as I am working in the same location, the van did a couple of days ago seem to miss fire but not lights and carried on.
Can anybody explain why I am having these injector issues the company that supplied the injectors tell me it is a crap system surly not, but why in such a short time and running am I having these expensive issues can not understand it ? HELP please

Mk6 TDCi fuel system is known to be a bit troublesome. If maintained correctly and not abused they can be ok. They sometimes suffer from pumps falling apart internally and sending swarf through the system and possibly causing injectors to fail. Drain some fuel from the filter and see if there's any metallic swarf in it...if so you'll know where to go looking.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby k11gmh » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:09 am

Thanks for the reply recon pump fitted at the same time in June and by the way that is the second pump in less then 18 months I look after the engine with oil and regular service, only me drives it but not happy with what is going wrong.
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:39 pm

k11gmh wrote:Thanks for the reply recon pump fitted at the same time in June and by the way that is the second pump in less then 18 months I look after the engine with oil and regular service, only me drives it but not happy with what is going wrong.

Can still be pump going south....best to check for crud in the filter before it takes the rest of the system with it...Some so called "recon" pumps are just ones removed from running machines, cleaned and on-sold to unsuspecting customers. Buyer beware.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby k11gmh » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Hello thanks for the comment I have in fact changed the fuel filter as a matter of course but checked the contents from the 4 months old filter nothing in the way of metallic parts.
Have just been told the replaced injector done under warranty has been fitted engine runs but seems rough at idle, going to the garage in a while to see what is going on.
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Hope you get it sorted mate..!

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby k11gmh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:18 pm

Well the recon injector fitted was blocked hence running rough so back to get it replaced after a sort of a raised discussion it was exchanged with the comment well these things can happen !!!!!!!!! no incorrect bad workmanship comes to mind. Will be looking for compensation towards van hire and loss of work. Cheers one and all
k11gmh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jim Archer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Blocked with what I wonder ..... :roll:

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic