*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Central Locking Problem 2007 SWB 2.2TDCi

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Central Locking Problem 2007 SWB 2.2TDCi

Postby bclg » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 pm

I have just bought this Van. The Key has an internal re-chargeable battery which is no longer taking a charge. When I lock the Van by using the key in the lock the horn sounds, telling me there is a problem with the C/L. The two front door's get locked but the side door and rear door's remain closed but unlocked. The three pins on the side door are striking the contact plates correctly. I can lock the side door from inside the cargo area via the twist knob on the door. As per my older transit (which the C/l worked in) the L/h rear Door latches at the top but not at the bottom and the R/h door latches as normal in the middle but are unlocked.

What can I do to resolve this issue.
bclg
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Central Locking Problem 2007 SWB 2.2TDCi

Postby Altransit » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:02 pm

The wiring loom to the rear doors is a common problem area.
Where the loom keeps getting flexed by the opening door, the wires can break internally :(
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Re: Central Locking Problem 2007 SWB 2.2TDCi

Postby bclg » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:51 pm

I have checked the Wiring to the back door and found it to be ok. It probably would have been wiser to check the Fuse's first.

Drop the Glove Box out, this allows access to the "Standard Relay Box", two tabs on top of this need to be pushed out to L/h & R/h and you can rotate it forward and down, you can now see the "Passenger Junction Box" this contain's a Fuse No 78 which is second from the left on the lower r/h, 15A which was blown, replaced it and the C/L is now working only that the Side Door is sluggish at unlocking and needs to be unlocked with the twist button inside currently. Spray Grease applied so hopefully it will free out in a few day's or else I may change the 3 Pin contactor from my other Van.
bclg
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions