*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Another Stereo Question

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Another Stereo Question

Postby chris72a » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:05 am

Hey All, so I have one main stereo in front and a second stereo in back with separate speakers is it possible to hook up both stereos and speakers to the AMP considering only one will be switched on at any given time, the amp is powered off the main battery but the second stereo is powered off the leisure battery so may have to rethink this.

Many Thanks
Chris.
chris72a
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Another Stereo Question

Postby knobby1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:14 pm

chris72a wrote:Hey All, so I have one main stereo in front and a second stereo in back with separate speakers is it possible to hook up both stereos and speakers to the AMP considering only one will be switched on at any given time, the amp is powered off the main battery but the second stereo is powered off the leisure battery so may have to rethink this.

Many Thanks
Chris.

C'mon Chris.... :wink: Thought you had all this sorted the other day when you were at my place... :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

I think you should be able to do this if your amp has dual inputs, I think some of the later/higher spec amps also have bluetooth, (not too sure though), so you may be able to run them both as a single unit via bluetooth...? Or...you can run both units to a switchable link and use either/or...when driving you can switch to the front unit, when lounging around in the back, switch to the rear unit.....just thinking out loud here...

Lord Knborot
Last edited by knobby1 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby chris72a » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:21 pm

didn't u notice the wires hanging from the roof, they are in now, still 3 days to go until completion the amp things all dead as I have discovered the AMP is dead so until I buy another I will just leave the wires tucked away won't buy another kenwood one will go for a pioneer this time :-)

Cheers
Chris.
chris72a
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ned » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:43 pm

I got a Sony amp in the late '90's and its still going strong, here's an idea if you get a amp with single imput can you not have them running into a switching box and manually switch from one to the other,

It might work, might not what do I know, :wink: N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby chris72a » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:56 pm

nedforceone wrote:I got a Sony amp in the late '90's and its still going strong, here's an idea if you get a amp with single imput can you not have them running into a switching box and manually switch from one to the other,

It might work, might not what do I know, :wink: N

yeah my last one was a sony, wish I pulled it out before I got rid of the hilux, from what I have learnt I can run both stereos through the amp just need a switch between the control wires to the amp so only one head unit is sending signal which seems to me like the easiest and safest solution.
chris72a
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ned » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:04 am

We used to use switching units in the recording company I used to work for so we could high speed record different music at the same time (on cassette) but the units were massive.

Am sure its quite simple now a days to have a small switching unit in your chosen location.

On a different topic I have just got a job from a customer who lives on your side of the world ( not Australia but New Zealand) not bad for a small decorating company in a tin pot town in Cheshire :mrgreen: N

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby chris72a » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:20 am

WTF is it worth travelling to that part of world for a job? (what do you do?) Pop over to Aus if you go its only a couple of hours swim we can show u some good ol Aussie hospitality maybe some snakes and funnel webs too :-)
chris72a
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby knobby1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:04 am

chris72a wrote:WTF is it worth travelling to that part of world for a job? (what do you do?) Pop over to Aus if you go its only a couple of hours swim we can show u some good ol Aussie hospitality maybe some snakes and funnel webs too :-)

LOL.... :lol: :lol: While he's here, we can sit him in my Go-kart, (it's also a dangerous native animal),...then we'll see him shite himself..! :roll: :wink:

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ned » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:08 am

Unfortunately I wont be able to enjoy getting scared to death in your go-cart :lol: Its a shame though I could really do with a holiday

The jobs here in England but the property owners lie in New Zealand , they own 6 houses around Manchester and Cheshire and want me to do the maintenance on them :P N

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:51 am

nedforceone wrote:The jobs here in England but the property owners lie in New Zealand , they own 6 houses around Manchester and Cheshire and want me to do the maintenance on them :P N

Maintenance?...What..? You need to change the oil in the properties..??

I'll get me coat.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions