*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Which ids.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Which ids.

Postby Bertiemje » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm thinking of investing in an ids and would like some advise. I want it first off to do fuel pump learn and then as and when I need it. Are they easy to use? Is the fuel pump learn easy to do? And which one do I go for on a small budget for the diy mechanic type. Basically I don't want to give my hard earned fish to a garage if it's something I can do.
Bertiemje
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Which ids.

Postby knobby1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Bertiemje wrote:I'm thinking of investing in an ids and would like some advise. I want it first off to do fuel pump learn and then as and when I need it. Are they easy to use? Is the fuel pump learn easy to do? And which one do I go for on a small budget for the diy mechanic type. Basically I don't want to give my hard earned fish to a garage if it's something I can do.

A little light reading for you:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=155150

There are a few different types, but the general consensus is to go for the SP-177-C1, All should be able to do the learns but not all can to module programming. The SP-177-C1 can be a bit hit 'n miss though.... some work, some don't, even if bought from the same vendor.

For most Mk6 & Mk7 tranny vehicles up to ~2012 the V86.04 IDS and C81 calibrations will work. They take a little time to get setup and running properly, but once working is worth it's weight in rocking horse shite. :mrgreen:

I just use a cheap ebay lappy with XP on it...works fine. Win-7 appears to work too, but Win-8 and 10 can give grief.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions