*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

LOCATION of camshaft position sensor

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: LOCATION of camshaft position sensor

Postby Paddy2Lynch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Ok, it seems I can no longer edit the above post, but we have found the actual faultcodes ! (after some bin-diving)

The one pertaining the injection time was P0 149
The one pertaining the pump was P1564

Any advise, musings, damnations or congratulations will be welcomed....

Cheers
Paddy,

Transit,TDDi 2003,well loved, currently very ill, working for its recovery
Paddy2Lynch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Altransit » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:20 pm

1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Paddy2Lynch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Yes, thanks for that.... I have been going through a serious fit of 'the Googles' and it seems the one pertaining to the pump is the issue.
Since we don't have the tools or the room to take out the engine, I fear I will end up at our local Ford garage (commonly known as : "What's the time?" answer :" 50 Euros"... nuffsed??)
I could do it myself,(one can always improvise ) but at this time I need my van... and I am afraid, that this job would take too long and take up time I don't have right now.
First thing I'll tell them to do is check out the metering valve (solenoid) on the pump and I'll keep my fingers crossed it is "only" that....

It is a nuisance ! If the van were a FWD, it would be a good days work, but it is a rear wheel drive and the engine sits lateral in the engine bay. This means that nothing (well ,almost nothing...) can be reached from the bonnet or even from underneath the van.
This will be a lesson for future Transit adoptions!
Next Tuesday we'll decide how this is to progress and where the repair is going to happen....

I shall log the the entire procedure, codes, actions ,symptoms and solutions once I am on the road again and ask a moderator where best to post this... it may spare someone else a few uncomfortable days...who knows....

Cheers and thanks
Paddy,

Paddy2Lynch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Altransit » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Paddy2Lynch wrote: I fear I will end up at our local Ford garage (commonly known as : "What's the time?" answer :" 50 Euros"... nuffsed??)

Whereabouts are you :?:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Paddy2Lynch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:14 pm

I live in Flanders, (the Dutch speaking majority part of Belgium) about in the middle between the cities of Ghent and Antwerp
Paddy,

Paddy2Lynch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Paddy2Lynch wrote:Yes, thanks for that.... I have been going through a serious fit of 'the Googles' and it seems the one pertaining to the pump is the issue.
Since we don't have the tools or the room to take out the engine, I fear I will end up at our local Ford garage (commonly known as : "What's the time?" answer :" 50 Euros"... nuffsed??)
I could do it myself,(one can always improvise ) but at this time I need my van... and I am afraid, that this job would take too long and take up time I don't have right now.
First thing I'll tell them to do is check out the metering valve (solenoid) on the pump and I'll keep my fingers crossed it is "only" that....

It is a nuisance ! If the van were a FWD, it would be a good days work, but it is a rear wheel drive and the engine sits lateral in the engine bay. This means that nothing (well ,almost nothing...) can be reached from the bonnet or even from underneath the van.
This will be a lesson for future Transit adoptions!
Next Tuesday we'll decide how this is to progress and where the repair is going to happen....

I shall log the the entire procedure, codes, actions ,symptoms and solutions once I am on the road again and ask a moderator where best to post this... it may spare someone else a few uncomfortable days...who knows....

Cheers and thanks

Stella,someone must be supping Stella :lol: 2 hours or less to change a rwd pump no need to remove engine :wink: If the metering valve is shot change the pump as the price difference is not much and you will have warranty with the pump only :)
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Paddy2Lynch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:29 pm

you can't get at the pump in a laterally installed engine, that works with a FWD, not with a RWD.... there is no way you can detach the parts above the pump, without bringing the entire engine forward
Paddy,

Paddy2Lynch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Paddy2Lynch wrote:you can't get at the pump in a laterally installed engine, that works with a FWD, not with a RWD.... there is no way you can detach the parts above the pump, without bringing the entire engine forward
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Paddy2Lynch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:37 pm

that was nice and helpful, thanks
Paddy,

Paddy2Lynch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:42 pm

You ask for help and don't listen to the advice your given .I been repairing Transits for many many years for a living so I do know what I am talking about :roll: Maybe a good idea to put your brain into gear before operating the key board :mrgreen:
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Paddy2Lynch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Telling me I should have the job done in two hours and NOT telling me HOW is not 'help'.
I am the first one to admit that I am a novice compared to most of the people here, but making me out to be an idiot doesn't get me any further, especially if you don't tell me HOW to get to the pump without bringing the engine forward .
One would think that such would be obvious for a man of your talents and experience .....
Paddy,

Paddy2Lynch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Paddy2Lynch wrote:Telling me I should have the job done in two hours and NOT telling me HOW is not 'help'.
I am the first one to admit that I am a novice compared to most of the people here, but making me out to be an idiot doesn't get me any further, especially if you don't tell me HOW to get to the pump without bringing the engine forward .
One would think that such would be obvious for a man of your talents and experience .....

I was trying to tell you but you said it couldn't be done .If you change you attitude I still might tell you :wink:
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Paddy2Lynch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Either you are willing to put me right, or you are not.... I am too old to play games mate.
The reason I said, it couldn't be done is because, so far (after extensive searching and asking people who are supposed to be 'in the now') nobody has given me a clue on how to get to that pump from the top, the bottom or the front for that matter.
If you know better, and it seems you do, I shall be the first to hang on your every word and be grateful for your advise
Paddy,

Paddy2Lynch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby andz327 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:14 pm

What work had you done just before it started misbehaving?? Gearbox, clutch or anything??

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Paddy2Lynch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Nothing of significance really... gave her an oil change and a new filter set (oil + air)
It hasn't had any need for anything significant in the last decade.
Put in a new set of soft-blocks last year, on account of the MOT, but that wasn't really a 'thing'
She's been purring like a kitten upto a few days ago...
Though I did notice a bit of 'square idling' in the last few weeks, which will have been the prelude to this , I am sure
Paddy,

Paddy2Lynch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Problems & Questions