*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Engine pulsing/waving, transit mk5

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Engine pulsing/waving, transit mk5

Postby Deko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello. I am an owner of Transit mk5 1995, 2,5TD, autogearbox, lucas epic fuel pump.
Just bought it, old as it was in excellent condition with 100kmiles on it (if truth :| ). It is after timebelt/tensioner, air/fuel filter, oil change. Previous user changed the injectors, some gaskets (inlet manifold...)

From the start I notice that engine is making a pulsing sound, specialy at the beginning acceleration and light load, but also in idle and you push the gas pedal. With near the ful power it goes away, but I think it is just the other noises drown it. It is more obvious when the engine is cold, but never goes away. It is more a sound, you can not really notice the power pulsing and the revs are going up steady.
Did some analysis in the engine compartment...no big oil leaks, no visible hose breaks. But obvious is that both - the valve rod at the inlet manifold and the egr solenoid are pulsing in the same manner as sound. I thought that the problem is the vacuum, so I took the vacuum pipes of the both valves but the engine just keeps pulsing.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem. Do the vaccuum operates also other parts of the engine, that could cause my problem? Have read some post that could be the fuel pump pressure problem etc.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!
Deko

Return to Technical Problems & Questions