*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear doors relocking

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Rear doors relocking

Postby mbuk » Thu May 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi all,

I had a search of the many central locking threads but can't find one that matches my issue.

It's a Mk6 2004 with three button remote. All has worked fine the past.

Here are the symptoms:

Locks, deadlocks and unlocks as expected using the lock and unlock buttons on remote.

Blue button seems to work fine (opening side and back door) when locked (but not deadlocked)

However when the deadlocks are on pressing the blue botton does a random one of the following:
A) Unlocks the rear and sliding doors as it should
B) Unlocks the rear / sliding and the front doors
C) Unlocks all the doors then immediately relocks them

C) is a major issue if you manage to open the sliding door and go in before the doors lock again, then get out and shut the door leaving your keys inside, to find the door has locked!

There doesn't seem to be a pattern to when it does A, B or C and it does it with both fobs.

Anyone any ideas what could cause this?
mbuk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Rear doors relocking

Postby Craigchester » Mon May 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Bit sad nobody has replied to this. I'm having a problem with my back door not locking. It used to lock automatically when slammed shut now it just won't lock and when I try to lock it with the fob (which I have never had to do before) the horn sounds suggesting there is a fault.. Hoping you get some replies soon.
Craigchester

Return to Technical Problems & Questions