*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Help required with obscure electrical problem

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Help required with obscure electrical problem

Postby Hymer » Tue May 23, 2017 12:00 pm

I have a German import 2012 Hymer A class (no seperate cab) motorhome. It is based on a LHD 2011 build Transit 1.7-350L.

VIN No. is WF07XXTTF7BJ29713

When removing the passenger seat I managed to pull off the plug from the airbag sensors on the seat, I've attached a photo. Unfortunately I now have no way of knowing which of the two wires goes into which socket. The colours are brown and light blue/purple stripe on the vehicle harness, and green and light blue from the seat. The seat is an Agutti, not a Ford part

I have been told by a local auto electrician that it doesn't matter which way round the wires go, but bearing in mind they are part of the airbag system I'd like conformation that it doesn't matter. If it does matter then I would like guidance as to which of the two seat wires, green and light blue go the brown and light blue/purple stripe wires attached to the vehicle.

It appears difficult or almost impossible to access the sensors/seat end of the broken cable, so I cant get any guidance there.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Malcolm
Hymer

Re: Help required with obscure electrical problem

Postby Punto443 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Just a thought, but have you looked at the drivers side to see if the colours are the same?
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby Hymer » Tue May 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Why didn't I think of that :oops: Mind you, it's 13 set screws to remove the seat, and a LOT of fiddling to get them back again, but if all else fails I'll have a look. Thanks

Malcolm
Hymer

Postby APH » Sun May 28, 2017 11:54 pm

it makes no difference which way round you connect them, it's just a resistor across the wires that when a current is passed through heats it up and ignites the charge, it's just a very small resistor and takes very little current to ignite :wink:

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic