*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

P2148

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

P2148

Postby ChrisWhite » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:20 am

Hi, I was driving my van the other day 06 2.2 P8FA fwd when it cut out while driving but restarts started with the key straight away. It proceeded to cut out a further 4 times in a 6 mile journey and restarted each and every time. The van had also been hunting a little on tick over and after speaking to a few people I decided to replace fuel prv and pump solenoid. Hunting has stopped but I still have P2148 fault code. I've checked the wiring to the injectors and with ignition on all show the same voltage. Loom checked in various areas for chafing etc. Injector harness checked back to ecu for continuity and ohms resistance. New injectors plugged in and programed to ecu and still got P2148 fault code. What else could cause this fault code as I think I've pretty much covered most things and I'm now a little stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ChrisWhite

Re: P2148

Postby knobby1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:02 am

P1248 = OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting the fuel injector group A supply voltage circuit has a high resistance causing a short in the system.

What causes the P2148 code? (Stolen from the interweb..!)

"The ECM monitors the voltage supply circuit to the injectors and if the circuit has a high resistance like a shorted injector or harness for the A group of injectors then the code will be set and the Check Engine light will be turned on. This code is for an engine that has supply power to the injectors in two different banks of injectors instead of all injectors on one power supply. This code is for bank A shorted."

My guess is that you still have a wiring issue. FWD's often have loom issues where the loom goes over the starter motor. You may have to peel the outer cover off an check all the wires etc...

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ChrisWhite » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:20 am

I've opened all the loom up already and couldn't see any signs of rubbing or shorting. All the injector wiring is twisted together in pairs through the loom so I would have thought I'd see a problem unlike a possible brocken wire which you may not see but with give a no voltage code not to much.
How common is a pcm failure on a mk7?
ChrisWhite

Postby ChrisWhite » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:28 am

Hopefully my vcm unit should be here this evening let's see if ids is any clearer than the delphi system. If not there seem to be plenty of looms on flee bay.
ChrisWhite

Postby Beechams » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:07 pm

Did you resolve this and what was it in the end
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:09 pm

Beechams wrote:Did you resolve this and what was it in the end

I'm afraid your request may fall on deaf ears...thread is over 4 years old and "Chris White" hasn't been on here since July of 2017.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Beechams » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Ok thanks
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions