*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

trade van accesories side bars mk 7 transit

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

trade van accesories side bars mk 7 transit

Postby pepepluisje » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:30 am

hi guys

im about to fly over and collect my new van i have bought, i have also bought a set of side bars from TRADE VAN ACCESSORIES IN NOTINGHAM , ithink thats where they are;

i have a mk 7 transit limited, on a 2010 plate swb, and was going to fit them myself, but have asked the garage for a price to fit, they said that unless they are bought directly from the manufacture, there can be some manipulation required to make them fit and have quoted 2 men x 2 hours to put on, £312 inc vat;

Trade van suggests a fitting time of 2 hours but one man, !! has anybody fitted these themselves, and if so is it straight forward enough and how long would you say is a reasonable time to allow the ave chap to fit them, and is it a two man job

the garage wants me to pay up front but im wary that if it takes just 2 hours in total i wont see a refund !!, yes im sure they are honest chapies like every garage aye !!

or would i be better off saying thanks but no thanks, and di it myself; ?? it says they are a no drill fitting and fit to existing fixing points

a quick reply would be good as i need to let them know

bob
pepepluisje
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: trade van accesories side bars mk 7 transit

Postby andz327 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Do it yourself man, follow the instructions am I'm sure you'll manage, only thing to remember is don't tighten any bolts until all bolts are in, either screwed into captive nuts or with normal nuts and bolts and then tighten everything up, that price is shocking

andZ3 Sony Z3
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: trade van accesories side bars mk 7 transit

Postby pepepluisje » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:18 pm

hi there

thanks for your reply; yes i was shocked at the price, i find two men 2 hrs each to fit a no drill product like these bars a bloody nerve considereing how much i have just spent on a van from them;

i had initially planned to do it myself, im more than able im sure, but it was the struggling under the van that concerned me, but im sure i can manage, so i will tell them to just put the package in the back when it arrives, !! £312 !!!!, I only paid £176 for the bars, although reduced but they look great quality with step positions on them

i will take some picks when ive done

thanks again

bob
pepepluisje
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions