*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk7 headlamps, with interior adjustment

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

mk7 headlamps, with interior adjustment

Postby pepepluisje » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:53 pm

hi everyone

i have posted before in general regarding the headlamps; but just want to clarify a point the Dantis mentioned in his reply about the purchase of the units;

im having to change from rhd to lhd lamps, and ford in france say i need to buy and fit the motorised lamps, and not the non motorised ones;

In reply to my earlier post, a reply from Dantis is saying i can by the cheaper non motorised units, and take the motor from my existing units and simply fit them to the new non motor equipped units;

i have no reason to doubt this advice, but can you confirm that the non motorised units do come with the wiring already in place to be able to fit either wit or without the motors ??

ford in france say no, but they are after all trying to sell me two motorised lamps complete at a cost of 600euro the pair !!

any help in verifying this before i order would be great thanks

bob
pepepluisje
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: mk7 headlamps, with interior adjustment

Postby ake » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:34 pm

pepepluisje wrote:hi everyone

i have posted before in general regarding the headlamps; but just want to clarify a point the Dantis mentioned in his reply about the purchase of the units;

im having to change from rhd to lhd lamps, and ford in france say i need to buy and fit the motorised lamps, and not the non motorised ones;

In reply to my earlier post, a reply from Dantis is saying i can by the cheaper non motorised units, and take the motor from my existing units and simply fit them to the new non motor equipped units;

i have no reason to doubt this advice, but can you confirm that the non motorised units do come with the wiring already in place to be able to fit either wit or without the motors ??

ford in france say no, but they are after all trying to sell me two motorised lamps complete at a cost of 600euro the pair !!

any help in verifying this before i order would be great thanks

bob

Just swap the wiring as well from the old headlights
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Re: mk7 headlamps, with interior adjustment

Postby pepepluisje » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:04 pm

hi luke

ok thanks for the reply;

when you say, i need to swap the wiring over, is that a straight forward process ? and do i have to take the connector that the van harness fits into , on my existing lamp and also fit that into the new lamp ? or does the motor harness just plug into the new lamp connector ?

bob
pepepluisje
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions