*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit/Ford Mechanic between Wandsworth & Dover (or Milan!)

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit/Ford Mechanic between Wandsworth & Dover (or Milan!)

Postby cormie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Hey folks,
I'm on my way from Dublin to Milan via the UK and in London now. On the way down, my 05 Luton 350 2.0 FWD had a drop in power and slowed to about 60kmph and the coil lights started flashing. This happened with another van before and a quick restart of the engine would sort it out. I did this and it DID sort out the coil light issue, but the spanner/service light has been on since and it happened again on the way down. The spanner/service light never came on with the other van either.

I'm a little concerned as I've to drive another 3,000km before I'm back in Ireland and potentially a good bit more if I find a return load as my van is so far empty coming back and I'd prefer to feel I'm not taking a big risk doing any detours.

I had the van in at the mechanic only recently and he mentioned he thinks one of the injectors is gone but he said this shouldn't affect anything, it's just a little shaky when started from cold. He put his computer on it but it came back with nothing and put another computer he borrowed on it which came back with no problems either. He said maybe a ford computer would be able to diagnose it though.

So i'm just wondering if anyone might happen to know of a mechanic between Wandsworth and Dover who'd be able to even just tell me I'll be fine for another 3/4,000 km if I popped in for half an hour tomorrow?

If anyone has any other suggestions, please share :)

Any help would be great!
cormie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Transit/Ford Mechanic between Wandsworth & Dover (or Mil

Postby Keef » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:12 am

Keef
MK3 Massive

Postby adam75pl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:29 pm

This post only expresses opinion of the author of today. It can not be used against him tomorrow, or any other day following that date. In addition, the author reserves the right to change his views, without prior notification.
T280 SWB 2.2 115PS
adam75pl
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cormie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:53 am

Thanks a lot folks. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to go to either and I'm already in Milan. It wasn't a great journey with this issue though. The same problem kept happening, but I believe it's the hills that it has problems with and any extra load on the accelerator and the power drops and the coil lights come on.

Does it sound like it could be related to the injector issue? Is this a pricey fix I wonder? I might try get it looked at in Milan, but don't want to be ripped off.
cormie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Herts » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:34 pm

It will be more pricey in Italy than in good old Blighty.

Good luck.

Andy
MK7 - 2.4 RWD/HR/LWB 3.5T 140HP (BIG BOYS TOY!)

Number 1 Emergency Call out Engineer!!!

http://www.hertsplumbinganddrainage.co.uk
Herts
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Technical Problems & Questions