*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Some IDS questions

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Some IDS questions

Postby takworldwide » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:58 am

Hi all,

Ive just got a few questions on the following IDS before i take the plunge and buy a VCM2, firstly i wanted to say cheers to Punto for giving me a hand with his IDS on a mates MK7 whislt working in Edinburgh a while ago, which is one of the reasons i want a VCM2 of my own.

I have trawled this thread and just want to confirm a few things

1. is this the correct link to buy the VCM2 from?

http://www.cardiagtool.co.uk/ford-vcm-i ... -tool.html

2. i have a transit connect 08 (ex EON van). the van is restricted to 70mph and i would like to de-restrict the limiter. ive also got only one key, i would like to get another cut and program myself via IDS. are these things possible with IDS?

3. finally my wife has a Smax 58, it has developed a intermittent problem and shows a engine malfunction and esp light at the same time and i have been recommended to get the PCM updated as this might iron out a bug of some sort,rather than taking it to ford and paying for the update, i could buy the VCM for the same price, just need to know if this would be possible or not?

cheers fellas
Transit Connect 58 plate 95ps LWB
takworldwide
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Some IDS questions

Postby ake » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Unfortunately buying a vcm2 is a gamble, no one site is any better than any other, you pay your money, and take your choice

The vcm should be able to do everything you ask :)
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions