*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Aussie Transit Model Sticky

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Aussie Transit Model Sticky

Postby MK7 user » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 pm

G'day cobber....how's it hangin' :?:

There is probably a sticky on this & I'm looking in the wrong place....or being a bloke, it's under my nose & I can't see it (lol).

What's the model designation in AUS?....I can see threads relating to a 2.4 TDi when the rest of the civilised world calls it a Mk6 2.4 TDDI or a Mk6 2.4 TDCI....exactly what is a VF, VJ, VH & yada, yada :?:

The second part of this two-part question is more complex....why don't you just call it a Mk6 TDDi or TDCI or a Mk7 :?:

I've presented you with a chance to shine....an opportunity to display your knowledge - don't forget, points make prizes. :D
No Squire, not just any van....it has to be a Mk7 (VM.1) :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Aussie Transit Model Sticky

Postby knobby1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:01 am

We still have the Mk6 & Mk7 designations....also commonly called VH & VJ for the Mk6's ....and VM for the Mk7.

Probably just a silly Aussie thing. But we get all the same machines as you guys in the UK I suspect....although you'll have many more of them than us.

And ours don't rust anywhere near as bad as yours do..!.. :mrgreen: Still see a lot of Mk5's and Mk6's rumbling around the place during my travels.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MK7 user » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:32 pm

G'day Nobby. thank's mate (lol). 8)

Yeah....I've notice on my visits to the Costa-del-Crime that a hot climate dictates a 10 year old van to be worth more than beer money....prices are not so strong in a damp climate such as Blighty. :(

I'm thinking of a Gumtree ad. that has added to the confusion in that a Mk7 & Mk6 were both advertised a s being a Transit VJ, so it sounds reasonable to suggest your own countrymen are confused. :P

So....being a bit more specific, you've previously had some input on pump & injector conversations in the past & are aware that the Mk6 with Bosch fuel system is referred to in Europe as a Mk6 Tddi & the Mk6 with the Delphi fuel system is the Tdci....are you guy's calling one the VH & the other the VJ :?:

Regarding the Mk7....do you refer to them as Tier IV & Tier V emissions....as I'm sure you know, any mention of a Denso fuel system will identify ours as being a Mk7 Euro IV without any confusion, are you guy's calling everything a VM :?:

Apart from an Unreliable Pile of Shat....what do you you call the Mk8 :?: (lol). :)
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Altransit » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:45 pm

If we can get this all listed clearly, including the earlier, and latest models, I'll happily put it in the useful information section. I'm sure it will be useful to many on here 8)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby MK7 user » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:13 am

G'day Al....that'll be bonza mate (lol). 8)

Ford Australia web documentation confirms the following:

Mk7 Euro IV - Transit VM Series I

Mk7 Euro V - Transit VM Series II

Transit Custom - Transit VN Custom

Mk8 Euro V & Euro VI - Transit VO.

I'll ask Lord Knobrot for confirmation....the ones I've heard of before but had no idea of what they are, are now looking to be more predictable....Transit VE, Transit VF, Transit VG (I'm still assuming the Mk6 are a VH & VJ).

I've heard mention of a Mk2 Straight Six Lordy....spill the beans mate. 8)
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ake » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:41 pm

MK7 user wrote:G'day Al....that'll be bonza mate (lol). 8)

Ford Australia web documentation confirms the following:

Mk7 Euro IV - Transit VM Series I

Mk7 Euro V - Transit VM Series II

Transit Custom - Transit VN Custom

Mk8 Euro V & Euro VI - Transit VO.

I'll ask Lord Knobrot for confirmation....the ones I've heard of before but had no idea of what they are, are now looking to be more predictable....Transit VE, Transit VF, Transit VG (I'm still assuming the Mk6 are a VH & VJ).

I've heard mention of a Mk2 Straight Six Lordy....spill the beans mate. 8)

What about the difference between front and rear wheel drive? Do they have different identifications?
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby MK7 user » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:43 pm

ake wrote:What about the difference between front and rear wheel drive? Do they have different identifications?

G'day ake. :)

I don't know about the earlier models (VE, VF,VG) there is zero information on the Ford web site so we await Knobby's feedback....look's like he's gone walkabout lol. :mrgreen:

The Mk7 & Mk8 have a FWD or RWD tag on the end. As Knobby indicated further up the page, there is an official designation, a common designation & then a can't really be arsed to type an accurate model description. :mrgreen:

So the MK7 Euro IV is officially a VM Series I. You add the PS rating & a tag on the end to denote FWD or RWD.

It's common to drop the word "Series" & refer to it as a VM.I

The can't be arsed will call it a VM & leave you guessing if it's a Euro IV or Euro V & FWD or RWD. :lol:

The Mk8 officially has a date in brackets following the VO that denotes a Euro V or Euro VI & you tag the end with a FWD or RWD.

Where art thou Knobby & what about that straight six Mk2 :?:
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:28 am

Morning Chasps,
You're all pretty much correct about the Mk6 machines, they're the same here. The Mk7 (VM) Euro IV and Euro V machines are only differentiated by the red or blue badge on the rear of the van and possibly the white painted grille, I think it's similar in the UK, mine is a Euro IV 140 and had the red "140" badge fitted...before some barstuard thought he'd like it more than me..! :?

I know little about the Mk8's (VO) though.. :(

The Mk2 six cyl machines had the Ford Falcon 250ci engine fitted to them...some guys here even fitted the 302ci and 351ci V8 Windsor donks in them, matched to a top-loader 4sp gearbox and Ford 9" rear end....they went like shite off a shovel.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MK7 user » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks Nobby. :)

I've got Cape York Peninsula on my bucket list....I think I'll revert back to my original Idea of a 200 series Land Cruiser & forget any Ideas of an AWD VM.I :)

I'll be back to this thread when I find out what a Transit VE, VF & VG are. :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Altransit » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 pm

MK7 user wrote:Thanks Nobby. :) I'll be back to this thread when I find out what a Transit VE, VF & VG are. :D

I'm guessing that they're Mk3, 4, 5 respectively, It seems to be a model designation with no variant for engine type, wheelbase, roof height etc. The Mk6 TDDi/TDCi seems to be an exception :?
I did try and do this a couple of years back, but couldn't get confirmation on what I thought I knew :mrgreen:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby MK7 user » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Altransit wrote:I'm guessing that they're Mk3, 4, 5 respectively.:

G'day Al. :)

Yep....I think the same.

Standing by....anticipating the words "knobby 1" & "Barn Find" in the same sentence. :mrgreen:
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby johnpietila » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:59 pm

I have a 2011 2.4 TDI motorhome in Brisbane, Australia and would like to contact other owners for exchange of ideas etc. So far 3 local Ford agents amaze me in how little they know about this model!
johnpietila
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby loot » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:36 am

johnpietila wrote:I have a 2011 2.4 TDI motorhome in Brisbane, Australia and would like to contact other owners for exchange of ideas etc. So far 3 local Ford agents amaze me in how little they know about this model!

Surprisingly we get that in the uk too! :lol:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions