*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Witter Roof Bars for MK mid-roof Transits

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Witter Roof Bars for MK mid-roof Transits

Postby smnco1937 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:02 pm

I've just tried to get a set of Witter Roof bars for my 2002 Mk 6 mid-roof ex-Minibus Transit. Ordered through a local Tools, Spares, and Autoparts Factor -of good repute. The Kit came down to jersey from the Midlands in just 4 days - ordered on a Thursday, and delivered to Sion, Jersey the following Monday at a carriage cost of £28. I was impressed - until I tried to assemble and fit the Kit The Factor took my VIN to order them, which produced a Kit No. in the Witter catalogue. The Kit is not a WITTER Manufacture but "bought-in" from NORDRIVE Transport Solutions, home-based in Italy, and is intended for Gutter Mounting, complete with a good set of notes But NORDRIVE assume that different rood heights are above the gutter rails. And the gutter rails on Mk 6's from the standard roof to the midroof - stay in the same relationship to the top of the roof - about 11 cms. down from the roof-top. The Kit Cat No. N30315 [Medium] - "height adjustable from 22cms to 37 cms" - would have the roof bars 25cms or 10" above my roof. And would be the same for any other mid-roof Mk6 Transit Can or Minibus. Local factor stands by the WITTER Catalogue info - even having seen my Minibus outside the Showroom door with a gutter-mounting bracket toweting 10" above the top of the roof. " This is what the catalogue says and that's what we ordered! So we'll get you won the lower Kit but you'll have to pay for the new Kit. I now have a Kit that is too high, that I really don't want to fit; -because it takes my van into the next height-Cost Class on the Vehicle Ferroes outward and return to Jersey. As Readers can imagine, I am rather annoyed! £162 cost for the Kit which -though it is what WITTER's Catalogue recommends - is not what my Mk6 ex-MINIBUS needs. I thought I'd pass this info on in case it helps anyone else with a Mk 6 Van or Minibus, looking at WITTER Roof bars, - to avoid the same situation.
smnco1937

Return to Technical Problems & Questions