*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

LED display always on

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

LED display always on

Postby The Doug » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:47 pm

My Mk6 LED displays are constantly on. Any suggestions? Local auto electrician checked it and said there is a drain but can't be fixed!
The Doug
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: LED display always on

Postby andz327 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:03 am

Maybe faulty ignition switch not switching off properly.... anything else swtched on that shouldn't be on....has any wiring to radio been touched or actually any other work at all been done recently??
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby amlav » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:14 am

As far as I know the MK6 has LCD display not LED . Nevertheless LCD display will always stay On and should show ODO readings on the right lcd and time on the left one even when ignition key is off and removed .
amlav
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby The Doug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 pm

andz327 wrote:Maybe faulty ignition switch not switching off properly.... anything else swtched on that shouldn't be on....has any wiring to radio been touched or actually any other work at all been done recently??

Nothing else remains on that shouldn't. No other work been done recently either.
The Doug
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby The Doug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:51 pm

amlav wrote:As far as I know the MK6 has LCD display not LED . Nevertheless LCD display will always stay On and should show ODO readings on the right lcd and time on the left one even when ignition key is off and removed .

Apologies, don't know the difference! They are digital and remain illuminated after ignition is turned off and central locking is activated. The central locking system is another issue, please refer to my other post! All advice greatly appreciated. Thanks
The Doug
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions