*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Starting problem MK7

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Starting problem MK7

Postby knobby1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Fault code U0073 is a control module communication fault. PCM is under the coolant bottle on the passenger side inner guard, there's a plastic cover, the connector plug is under the plastic cover, can be a bit of a ball-ache to get at too.

You could even have a damaged loom somewhere causing your grief. I'd be checking all the fuses and relays and connections on "ALL" fuse panels, inside and out just to rule out summink silly.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby airportminibus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks for that . Thats pretty much what he said,check the obvious first connections etc before the hunt for a damaged wire.
I'll have a look at the PCM,silly question but thats not the metal encased box that my guy said was the ECU ? I cant get into that one.There is a hinged part on the front top but it doesn't allow access to connections.

Thanks Again
airportminibus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 pm

airportminibus wrote:Thanks for that . Thats pretty much what he said,check the obvious first connections etc before the hunt for a damaged wire.
I'll have a look at the PCM,silly question but thats not the metal encased box that my guy said was the ECU ? I cant get into that one.There is a hinged part on the front top but it doesn't allow access to connections. Thanks Again

Yep, that's the one. It's called a PCM = Powertrain Control Module, they don't actually have an ECU as such, they have a series of interconnected modules, each of which control different parts of the whole intergrated system.

You may have to unbolt it to get at the connector plug...can be a bit of a ball-ache to get to if you've got bloody great boxing gloves for hands like me. :roll: :wink:

Lord Knobrot.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby airportminibus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:08 pm

Right then i'll have to have a look at how to get it off,and yes I have got large hands so should be fun

Cheers
airportminibus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bambi mk 1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:20 pm

Take the headlight out and remove the 10mm nuts lift it out and twist it so you can cut a slot in the anti tamper screw for a screwdriver :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby airportminibus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Thankyou for that was struggling to find any thing
airportminibus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions