*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

euro 5 2.2 problems.Help.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: euro 5 2.2 problems.Help.

Postby karl » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:30 pm

they sound great 6^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IF YOU REMOVE THE sound proofing they sound shite just typical Siemens system :(
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby stevemknight » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:17 pm

i didnt change the tensioner but have experienced transits with failing tensioners before and this does not have the symptoms and the chain was tight. i now have the gearbox out of it to check the flywheel sensor ring . i did find one of the bolts on the sensor bracket very loose and release bearing is very noisy so will put it back together monday with a new sensor and slave.
stevemknight
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby stevemknight » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm

well i think i have found the problem . when i put the clutch and gearbox back in i ran the van up for a minute with the downpipe off and it made a very strange noise like a high pitched rubbing noise. i removed the turbo and stripped it this morning to find that the exhaust turbine is damaged like a dog has been chewing on it . i think a small piece of it has broken away and scrapped the wheel . anyway awaiting some more parts to rebuild the turbo and refit will update asap. the turbo has no play which i find amazing considering how out of balance it must be . thanks for the ideas .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stevemknight
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby stevemknight » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:40 pm

well its back together with a new turbo cartridge and nozzle assembly and at first not great , but i have now adjusted the actuator position and hey presto we have torque and power and no strange inlet noise either . i just hope we now have some better fuel economy now.
stevemknight
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby andz327 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:47 pm

stevemknight wrote:well its back together with a new turbo cartridge and nozzle assembly and at first not great , but i have now adjusted the actuator position and hey presto we have torque and power and no strange inlet noise either . i just hope we now have some better fuel economy now.
Thank fook he says......nice one fella ,keep us posted
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby stevemknight » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:42 pm

well the fuel economy is crap . still 22 mpg but what i have now realised is that it is trying to regen nearly all the time . although there is minimal back pressure . need some more time to investigate it.
stevemknight
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jim Archer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:16 pm

Check the wiring to the sensors.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby stevemknight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 pm

checked all the wiring . both pressure sensors are reading and temp but it has now managed to block the dpf . so the dpf has been removed . hopefully it may get some better fuel consumption. i think somewhere back in the vans history it has had issues that were not sorted and it has clogged the dpf too much to recover properly.
stevemknight
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 pm

stevemknight wrote:checked all the wiring . both pressure sensors are reading and temp but it has now managed to block the dpf . so the dpf has been removed . hopefully it may get some better fuel consumption. i think somewhere back in the vans history it has had issues that were not sorted and it has clogged the dpf too much to recover properly.

You'll have fun passing your next MOT without the DPF...!

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions