*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DLR Problem

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

DLR Problem

Postby Hymer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:36 pm

On my Hymer Motorhome, based on a 2011 build Transit 350, the side lights come on with the Daylight Running Lights. Has anyone any idea why? It's been sugested that it might be a faulty DLR relay, is this likely?

Malcolm
Hymer

Re: DLR Problem

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:35 pm

It depends which country you're in (or which market the van was built for), it's probably not a fault though.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Hymer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Mike wrote:It depends which country you're in (or which market the van was built for), it's probably not a fault though.

It's a German import, and I know that German Fiat based Hymers of the same age have front only DLR as the UK. The dealer has said through a third party that he's sure it should be front only. Perhaps it might haver been an option on German Transits?

Malcolm
Hymer

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Hymer wrote:
It's a German import, and I know that German Fiat based Hymers of the same age have front only DLR as the UK.

UK euro5 MK7’s had parking lights and headlights on for DRL.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Hymer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Mike wrote:
Hymer wrote:
It's a German import, and I know that German Fiat based Hymers of the same age have front only DLR as the UK.

UK euro5 MK7’s had parking lights and headlights on for DRL.

Thanks, that probably explains it. A class Hymers have special integrated headlight units with separate DLR, so I would imagine that the original part of the Ford wiring is switching the sidelights on, not that I mind :)
Hymer

Return to Technical Problems & Questions