*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Central locking fail after CC & Locking at speed activation

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Central locking fail after CC & Locking at speed activat

Postby martynx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:06 pm

andz327 wrote:
martynx wrote:
Altransit wrote:[quote="martynx"]Hi Al:) on post 6 it's mentioned about old to new ? i recall a BCM swap to C job but it was some weeks ago now , am I going nuts !!??

Probably me that's going nuts, I've just noticed that the OP says in his sig that he has a 2004 Mk7!, so I have no idea now :!: :?
And post #1 says yesterday! I've not done one for weeks , lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Op never mentioned Martynx just a tuning shop, it was ALtransit that mentioned the God and dude said he stayed to many miles from EL VANTUNER. , was wondering aboot the 2004 mk7[/quote]Oh pooh yes I get it now - TAXI !!!!!

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby fletchyfletch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:35 pm

martynx wrote:Maybe fit the old BCM temporarily to see if the central locking works again? That may rule out a lock or wiring issue. & I wonder if the hill start would work if a door is open (or is falsely being reported as open).

I've just tried with the old BCM and I'm having the same issue. Identical locking issues with both BCM's. I'm just hearing a whirring from the locks but they aren't engaging. The horn toots as well so the vehicle knows it isn't locking.
Ford Transit Mk7 FWD SWB 2011 2.2 litre
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fletchyfletch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Altransit wrote:
martynx wrote:Hi Al:) on post 6 it's mentioned about old to new ? i recall a BCM swap to C job but it was some weeks ago now , am I going nuts !!??

Probably me that's going nuts, I've just noticed that the OP says in his sig that he has a 2004 Mk7!, so I have no idea now :!: :?

Yeah I noticed my old sig as well. It's deleted now. Unfortunately I haven't managed to magic native CC onto a MK6! I'm sure I'd be getting a phone call from Martyn if I had :lol:
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:41 pm

fletchyfletch wrote:
martynx wrote:Maybe fit the old BCM temporarily to see if the central locking works again? That may rule out a lock or wiring issue. & I wonder if the hill start would work if a door is open (or is falsely being reported as open).

I've just tried with the old BCM and I'm having the same issue. Identical locking issues with both BCM's. I'm just hearing a whirring from the locks but they aren't engaging. The horn toots as well so the vehicle knows it isn't locking.
There's always the possibility of coincidence , check and clean side door contacts as that causes the problem your talking about
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby martynx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:57 pm

fletchyfletch wrote:

Great so it's probably a lock or wiring issue rather than a programming/ bcm setup issue :)

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby fletchyfletch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:30 pm

All the contacts have had a thorough clean with degreaser and I have the same issue. I've narrowed it down to the rear doors. Thats the only place that makes a sound when I engage central locking but its only the motor whirring.
None of the other doors lock or make any sort of noise whatsoever. The electric windows and speakers work on both.
Both side loading doors are essentially dead. Is there anything I could have damaged or knocked while swapping the BCM's?
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby martynx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:32 pm

fletchyfletch wrote:All the contacts have had a thorough clean with degreaser and I have the same issue. I've narrowed it down to the rear doors. Thats the only place that makes a sound when I engage central locking but its only the motor whirring.
None of the other doors lock or make any sort of noise whatsoever. The electric windows and speakers work on both.
Both side loading doors are essentially dead. Is there anything I could have damaged or knocked while swapping the BCM's?
I'd say check pins on BCM but you'd have trouble putting connectors in & its the same with both BCM's

martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby fletchyfletch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks for your help eliminating the BCM guys. I think this is just going to take some serious investigation and a lot of time. I'll report back when it's sorted.
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:21 am

fletchyfletch wrote:Thanks for your help eliminating the BCM guys. I think this is just going to take some serious investigation and a lot of time. I'll report back when it's sorted.
Did you check wiring in the tubes to rear doors ??
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby fletchyfletch » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 pm

andz327 wrote:
fletchyfletch wrote:Thanks for your help eliminating the BCM guys. I think this is just going to take some serious investigation and a lot of time. I'll report back when it's sorted.
well this is the weird thing..

Passenger and driver door - activates central locking with varied response (see below), doesn’t respond to central locking signal

Rear door lock - responds with a whir but doesn’t lock

Passenger sliding door - no response

Driver sliding door - locks

I’ve disabled the sliding doors and rear doors in Forscan and I’m still getting the door open light on my clocks so my guess is that it’s a wiring fault nearer the BCM
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:50 pm

fletchyfletch wrote:
andz327 wrote:
well this is the weird thing..

Passenger and driver door - activates central locking with varied response (see below), doesn’t respond to central locking signal

Rear door lock - responds with a whir but doesn’t lock

Passenger sliding door - no response

Driver sliding door - locks

I’ve disabled the sliding doors and rear doors in Forscan and I’m still getting the door open light on my clocks so my guess is that it’s a wiring fault nearer the BCM
Have actually physically checked all rear wiring ??
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby fletchyfletch » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:51 pm

andz327 wrote:Have actually physically checked all rear wiring ??

Yes and I’ve cleaned the contacts but all rear doors have been disabled in the BCM now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fletchyfletch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Does anybody have the BCM pinouts relating to central locking?

Current Issue:

Front doors:
Manual locking gives no response
Manual unlocking causes the relay to click
No response to remote locking

Passenger side door:
No response at all

Driver side door:
Motor clicks on remote unlock
Doesn't lock

Rear doors:
Motor clicks on remote unlock
Doesn't lock

Having read this thread I think it's definitely a wiring issue. It sounds as though the Grey/Brown(All doors lock), White/Orange(Left sliding unlock) and Blue/Brown(Pass door unlock) wires have been damaged. My problem being that I'm colourblind and there are just under half a million wires coming out of the BCM. Any help much appreciated :)
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fletchyfletch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:25 pm

martynx wrote:Maybe fit the old BCM temporarily to see if the central locking works again? That may rule out a lock or wiring issue.

Interestingly I tried this again and the locks worked with the old BCM. I'm wondering if I only tried it on the fob last time.
I'll be checking the BCM relays when it's a bit lighter.
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fletchyfletch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Update: Turns out I’d burnt out the locking motors when I activated locking at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fletchyfletch
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions