*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Could anyone identify the parts I need please? Going insane

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Could anyone identify the parts I need please? Going insane

Postby Overthehedge » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Ford transit 350RWD medium roof panel van

I’m currently looking for two different parts and am going insane as I cannot find the parts or name of the parts that I need, I’ve tried looking at parts diagrams and everything

Problem 1

My back door handle does not work, nothing wrong with the handle that has been replaced but the part that goes between the handle and circular bit (possibly latch?) is missing, I currently have a piece of strimmer wire tied around the circular latch which I have then tucked out under the handle which I have to pull every time I want to open the door

Problem 2

My side door handle does not work (again , handle is fine) handle is currently off and I have to put my hand right in and tug the cable so whatever attaches between the handle and cable is missing (works perfectly from opening inside handle)

Does anyone know what parts I require please? Vehicles are not my speciality and I’m going mad :D

Many thanks :)
Overthehedge

Re: Could anyone identify the parts I need please? Going ins

Postby loot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:08 am

Very common for the sld outer handle to break where it connects to the cable or part of, look at the backing for the handle for 2 splits in the plastic, this shows that it has been pulled too far and it allows it to disconnect, that or the bit that holds the cable is broken.

Rear doors have 2 cables that go from the handle and they do top and bottom latches iirc, the bottom 1 seizes up which can break the lower handle cable, sometimes it can be fixed and freed up but usually a new handle too.

If that isn't what is wrong in either or both cases then it would be helpful if you could post more info and pictures.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Overthehedge » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi Loot,

Thanks for your message

So both handles have been replaced but I’m missing whatever goes between the handle and the latch, is it a small piece of metal or some sort? Currently I have strimmer wire tied around the latch which I have then tucked out as a replacement handle which works perfectly, however the handle doesn’t work as nothing is connected to it?

Many thanks

Sam
Overthehedge

Postby loot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Yes i believe there's a yellow plastic bit and the cable has a block on the end and it all clips in place (like a bicycle brake cable goes in the handle).

I've done the side and back handles and they were fairly simple when you look at them you can figure it out. :-)

http://catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l=bWFy ... ODcyKzA%3D

http://catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l=bWFy ... IrMA%3D%3D
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions