*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2004 Transit 2L SWD Diesel Immobiliser Won't Stop

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2004 Transit 2L SWD Diesel Immobiliser Won't Stop

Postby kishkash102 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi all, this is my first time posting on here. I've read the 'newbie' instructions so with that in light I have an 04 plate 2 Litre Diesel SWB T280. It has the standard immobiliser fitted and a Clifford alarm also (fitted in 2004). On Saturday night the weather was literally freezing and the van wouldn't start. The immobiliser light on the dash was flashing rapidly which it has not done before. Also the Clifford alarm was making 1 beep when you removed the key which it has also not done before.

I tried disconnecting the battery and that had no impact. I bought a new one as I believe that the one that is in it may have caused the issue - my rationale for that is when it wouldn't start on Saturday the clock had lost 20 mins making me think that the battery had dropped out at some point in the 6 hours since last using it.

The new battery has not caused the immobiliser light to stop.

From what I understand the immobiliser light flashes in a pattern to tell you what is wrong. 1 minute of continuous which it does and then 1 flash followed by 5 which I believe may mean it's not recognising the key. I only have 1 key for the van which is not a remote key but has the blue dot in the corner for the chip. I have two fobs, one for the Clifford alarm and another that I believe is a replacement fob for the original remote.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any advice for me?

Thank you very much in advance.
kishkash102

Return to Technical Problems & Questions