*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

P0103 Fault code

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

P0103 Fault code

Postby Nillle » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am

Hi,

I have a Duratorq 2.2 HDI engine with a very strange problem. It is a Transit from 2007.
I have CEL and fault code P0103. If i erase the fault code it comes back after exactly 3 starts, and it doesnt matter how many miles i drive it between the starts.
It just light up the CEL and sets P0103 after exactly three starts.

Between the three starts the van is going fine. When the fault code sets it feels a bit weaker.

The problems started when i was searching after something that emtyed my battery. Then i removed fuse after fuse and relay after relay until i have checked them all. When i started her up i have CEL and fault code P0103.

I have tried 4 different MAFs with no luck.
I have also replaced the EGR valve.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
Niklas
Nillle

Re: P0103 Fault code

Postby knobby1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Nillle wrote:Hi,

I have a Duratorq 2.2 HDI engine with a very strange problem. It is a Transit from 2007.
I have CEL and fault code P0103. If i erase the fault code it comes back after exactly 3 starts, and it doesnt matter how many miles i drive it between the starts.
It just light up the CEL and sets P0103 after exactly three starts.

Between the three starts the van is going fine. When the fault code sets it feels a bit weaker.

The problems started when i was searching after something that emtyed my battery. Then i removed fuse after fuse and relay after relay until i have checked them all. When i started her up i have CEL and fault code P0103.

I have tried 4 different MAFs with no luck.
I have also replaced the EGR valve.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
Niklas

I'd suspect the wiring loom or connector to the MAF....look for broken wires or bad connections. It's obviously not the sensor itself, MAF sensors rarely fail....changing four of them with no change kinda proves that..!

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Nillle » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. When i changed the first MAF i also changed the wiring and connector. I have also looked for air leaks but without any luck.

Regards
Niklas
Nillle

Postby knobby1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Nillle wrote:Hi and thanks for the quick reply. When i changed the first MAF i also changed the wiring and connector. I have also looked for air leaks but without any luck. Regards Niklas

You mean you changed the whole loom..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Nillle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi,

Yes the wiring harness is changed.

Kind regards
Niklas
Nillle

Postby smart tech kent » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi

Seeing as you said you had removed all fuses to try and find a fault I would check them all as there may be a corroded terminal or contact that you disturbed when removing them or you may of pushed a fuse holder in so it is not making a good contact, hope that makes sense, basically check all the fuses and relays
Regards

Colin Kitchenham
smart tech kent

Postby Nillle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:19 am

Thanks for all help in this thread :-)
I really appreciate it.

I have also experienced problems that it dont start.
It has been totally dead and the starter motor dont even goes or click. I have a brand new fresh battery and even try with cables.
I had the bus at a workshop and they did the following before they gave up.

Checked all the fuses and relays.
Changed the wiring harness and connector.
Changed a bad ground cable to the engine.
Tested with 4 different MAF.
Changed the EGR.
Changed the engine starter motor.
Changed glow plugs.

After this i still have P0103 but i have not experienced any problems starting her up.
But this morning the bus was totally dead again. Measured the battery and it had 12.4v. The battery seems to be in good condition.

Kind regards
Niklas
Nillle

Postby karl » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:23 pm

This was a euro 5 the other day but I have p0101 I checked continually on all connections to the pcm so I have a faulty sensor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Technical Problems & Questions