*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Slide Side Door Locks Only Sometimes?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Slide Side Door Locks Only Sometimes?

Postby Jaffasoft » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 am

2003 Ford Transit Van LWG side door only seems to lock now and again. But i only noticed it didn't lock the other day by chance and since then focussed on it! I didn't even know this was happening and or for how long many since i bought it but i'm sure it used to lock. :shock: :shock: Once i noticed it i tried lock unlock passenger side door, make sure all the doors are shut properly and tried the lock on the drivers side and the read door. Nothing seems to lock it. But then a day or so later i went to lock the door and the side door locked. I rekon it used to lock all the time.

Anyway whats the trouble shot to this, do they wear out or is there a sequence to getting them all to lock?
DIY Custom Campervan. 2003 Ford Transit Van VJ(MK6) 125 T350, LWB | RWD. Reco Engine:H9FA, 2005:2.4L, 135PS, kW101, 3500RPM. Finding and project managing profitable "Splitter Block" JV deals in Brisbane for property investors.
Jaffasoft
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Slide Side Door Locks Only Sometimes?

Postby ake » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Check that the contacts on the rear of the door are clean and correctly aligned with the contacts on the van
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Re: Slide Side Door Locks Only Sometimes?

Postby Jaffasoft » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:38 am

ake wrote:Check that the contacts on the rear of the door are clean and correctly aligned with the contacts on the van
Hey that fixed it...... i sanded the points a little and BINGO! I didn't know about that thanks heaps!!!
DIY Custom Campervan. 2003 Ford Transit Van VJ(MK6) 125 T350, LWB | RWD. Reco Engine:H9FA, 2005:2.4L, 135PS, kW101, 3500RPM. Finding and project managing profitable "Splitter Block" JV deals in Brisbane for property investors.
Jaffasoft
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Technical Problems & Questions