*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

I got braking problems help please

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

I got braking problems help please

Postby Ryon132 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi guys I got a ford transit connect t200 2003 which I brought 2 years ago I’ve nether had it on the road and has always had spongy brakes to resolve this bleed the brakes and clutch line. Well 5 liters of brake fuild later still got spongy brakes so I decided to get a new brake master cylinder from a beakers I got all the air out the lines and the pedal was still spongy so I replaced brake shoes disc and pads and the pedal is spongy so I replaced the master cylinder again but with a sort of new what I mean is. New master cylinder is 12 years old but never taken out the box any way I soaked in brake soaked it in brake fuild for a couple of weeks and then tried fitting it this time a can’t even get it to build up any pressure and the fuild just keeps dribbling out of the bleed valve I haven’t had air bubbles come out or any thing. It seems that with every master cylinder I put on it I get the same problem but slightly different

The way I have been bleeding it is by wedging a stick between the set and the pedal and then opening the bleed valve closing it and topping up the brake fuild tank to stop it going to low

Any how I hope you guys could be of any help
Ryon132

Re: I got braking problems help please

Postby bazw » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:40 am

has it got ABS?
I have been fighting a spongy pedal for a while, all I have left to try is the ABS as I have great brakes as long as I dont power up the ABS.
350L Series 56 plate
2.4 duratorq 115 ps
A.R. 4.27
bazw
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Connect