*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

non starter

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

non starter

Postby southwestskyvisions » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:59 pm

hi, I have a 2005 2.0l electric fuel injection transit, 115BHP. I recently changed the starter motor for a new one, it cranks over lovely but now the van wont start, fuel is coming through, I am convinced the glow plug relay used to click, I cant hear that click any more, is there any way I can bypass the relay to simply see if that is the only cause of why it isn't starting please? or is there something else that could be stopping it from starting? Thank you
southwestskyvisions

Re: non starter

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:41 pm

southwestskyvisions wrote:hi, I have a 2005 2.0l electric fuel injection transit, 115BHP. I recently changed the starter motor for a new one, it cranks over lovely but now the van wont start, fuel is coming through, I am convinced the glow plug relay used to click, I cant hear that click any more, is there any way I can bypass the relay to simply see if that is the only cause of why it isn't starting please? or is there something else that could be stopping it from starting? Thank you

"Electric Fuel Injection...115bhp..?? I'm afraid there's no such animal, there were only two Mk6 TDCi's, the 2.0L FWD 125ps & the 2.4L RWD 135ps.

Glow plugs not working won't stop it from running, might make her a bit hard to start in the cold but should still run. If you do indeed have a Mk6 TDCi there could be many things wrong with it.

Have you had the codes read?? Does the glow plug light flash during start..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions