*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk3 winscreen leak/seal

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

mk3 winscreen leak/seal

Postby kradrider » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year...backbto business with my county mk4 and have noticed the damp I cab area floor !! as if I've not got enough to be getting on with soo anyway checked the matrix ...ok then noticed in the back was a windscreen rubber seal ...yes yes , I know someone has attempted to seal it with the old bathroom sealant and err failed so can someone suggest bed way to get this sorted properly either by diy /new parts or window expert replacement.
I'm not sure if its a sealed/glued type or rubber insert but looks glued type ?

Cheers Simon
kradrider
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: mk3 winscreen leak/seal

Postby kradrider » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Mk4/5 s are 2part rubber seals first is glued with a metal insert 2nd is a rubber flashing that slides into groove . Bought an updated rubber off ebay that is now one part (ie put onto windscreen and glue into place) without having to push flashing into slot. This also has a wider overlap so should solve the problems of leaks at bottom r/l corners where glue comes away from leaky flashing. Just make sure to solve the leak/holes/rust first (obviously)

2 suppliers on ebay can send link if anyone's interested

Simon
kradrider
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions