*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

running out of fuel

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: running out of fuel

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:45 am

4x4 tranny wrote:ok figure this one out...
primed fuel from tank to container direct , no problems good flow etc.
connected fuel lines to electric, pump turned key on an pump primed, no problems as all. cracked injectors and in two turns had fuel. done injectors up and it started,
have added no extra fuel to tank, and gauge still on 1/4 full, also did notice low fuel pump on dash on start up first time I've seen it.
so got me stuffed...lol
going for drive soon but its been idling for an hr now with out any fuel added before it stopped.

Filter head is possibly cracked/porous...or one of the fuel connectors to it are allowing air in.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 4x4 tranny » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:19 am

hi thanks that has be suggested looking for one now as a back up
4x4 tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ford downunder » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Sounds like you may have had a win , its always good to do the stuff that don't cost a lot first cause it gets expensive buying parts that don't fix the prob , I'm still chasing a gremlin in mine it's prob somthing simple just every time I order the parts they send the wrong one ,only been 4 times now so it a process of elimination in my case and it's all electrical , the wiring loom is ok so heading under the dash again for some time out , there'll be somthing noring on a wire under there I'm sure anyway going wakeboarding this w/k- end so you enjoy yours
ford downunder

Postby 4x4 tranny » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 pm

well I hope its solved, not that over confidant as yet, need to some larger ks under the belt and get the gauge under the 1/4 a few times to feel its solved.
Also have a issue with the gear box not solved as well so doesn't do much for confidence in it yet, so be doing some local trips first.
yea wiring can be a night mare when chasing faults had that problem in a race car I had once just couldn't solve a miss at hi revs turned out to be an earthing problem but took some chasing.
lucky you wake boarding I've got enough aches and pains from my racing days.....lol enjoy mate.
4x4 tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby 4x4 tranny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:38 am

update
was about to take filter base of and caught pump with my hand and it moved then found the pump nut a bit loose, got nearly a quarter turn out of it,so at least found something that may have been the problem.
4x4 tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions