*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Steering wheel with CC

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Steering wheel with CC

Postby 1robbie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:23 am

I am going to attempt to add CC to my mk7. I am confused however with the steering wheel. I have the replacement wheel but can't figure out the wires.How on earth can wires go down through the steering wheel ? Will they not get all twisted and broken the first time you turn the wheel ? There is good info available for the wiring at the squib but I don't see anything on the net about the wires in the steering wheel. My wheel pictured. Thanks for any advice .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1robbie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Steering wheel with CC

Postby andz327 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:46 am

1robbie wrote:I am going to attempt to add CC to my mk7. I am confused however with the steering wheel. I have the replacement wheel but can't figure out the wires.How on earth can wires go down through the steering wheel ? Will they not get all twisted and broken the first time you turn the wheel ? There is good info available for the wiring at the squib but I don't see anything on the net about the wires in the steering wheel. My wheel pictured. Thanks for any advice .
They connect to a part under the steering wheel which turns with the wheel, your horn and airbag wires arr plugged into it at moment,clock spring, squibb are the 2 common names that people call this part, just keep it in the same position that it's in when you remove steering wheel
Its the part in picImage
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 1robbie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:50 am

Thanks for that . Should be clear when I take the wheel off . I think I might have a problem finding those tiny connectors to add the two wires I need to add to the squib . Phoned around and they only want to sell the whole wiring loom .
1robbie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:58 pm

1robbie wrote:Thanks for that . Should be clear when I take the wheel off . I think I might have a problem finding those tiny connectors to add the two wires I need to add to the squib . Phoned around and they only want to sell the whole wiring loom .
What two wires ?
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 1robbie » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 am

The two wires I need to add from the squib to the BCM . This is an ex council van so is pretty basic .
Looking on the vantuners page it links to a guy called Loot I believe . It's the two wires he points out .
1robbie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Technical Problems & Questions