*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2012 Pug Boxer loads of warning lights

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2012 Pug Boxer loads of warning lights

Postby Heanorboy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi all

I hope that you will look kindly on a interloper but I have a problem with my Pug Boxer (62 Plate) which has as its powerhouse a Ford Puma Diesel and from what I understand quite a few other parts that were fitted on the Transit of similar vintage.
Anyway I will copy and paste my original post on the Autosleeper Forum

Started the Boxer this morning ready to take for its annual service tomorrow with the intention of giving it a run first.
Dashboard messages and lights a plenty.
Ignition on and I get
EDB failer
Hill Hold Unavailable
ESP unavailable
ABS unavailable

Start the engine

Oil level 5 stars
Check Engine
Lights remain on

Service light
Parking brake light
ABS light
ESP light
Engine emission control light

It is three weeks since I did a 200 mile plus journey and every thing fine then.

Before taking I rebooted the van (disconnected the battery for 3 hours) made no difference

Today I did a follow up
Van still at the garage with the same brake system warning lights.
Cant blame this on mice (or bigger) as everything from underneath is clean and shipshape and they have done the service and nothing untoward there
As my local garage admits that he has never seen anything like this Peugeot main dealers now in the loop but again they have about as much idea as anybody else.
Latest is that it has now been referred to PUG UK technical department and we are awaiting a response from them (But it is Friday so I guess it will be about next Wednesday)
Mean time even though all the brake test equipment shows everything is OK it would be a MOT failure as the electronic equipment when plugged in shows their is a fault (in fact several) within the braking system.
Just pleased that I have a good local garage with MOT facility otherwise I would have had a failure to pay for and a retest.
For now it stays in his place and happily for me is locked away in the garage every night, just hope that it is not the ECU that has gone up the swanny

So anybody who knows if this has happened before either on a Pug or maybe a Ford Transit (they share the same engine)

They did get them to go out for about 5 min after they had got the engine up to temp but sucess was short lived as they came on again

I was directed to this site by a A/S member who wondered if maybe Ford Transits had the same problem.
If I have posted this twice sorry as I thought I had posted and them could not find so maybe you could kindly delete one

David
Heanorboy

Re: 2012 Pug Boxer loads of warning lights

Postby karl » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 pm

you need someone with the latest lexia software :wink:

for these vans

also these have the wicked dpf, even thow i haven't seen one fail yet because these have a fuel injector into the dpf to burn the crap out :D

also because it is a multi manufactures engine (psa) its only block and head that are the same everything else is different including the ecu software

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Duratorq_engine
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Heanorboy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:46 am

Karl

Thank you for your response so promptly

Guess that I am back to square one

David
Heanorboy

Postby V184 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Check the wiring along the bulkhead by the fuel filter, mine had chaffed on a protruding stud. The dealer was up for changing the ecu ! another thing is the fuse box under the bonnet gets water in. Got to be something like that to show multi faults ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions