*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sliding Window Leaking

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Sliding Window Leaking

Postby Drawn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 am

Hi all,

I have an issue with a leaking sliding window on my VJ Transit Bus 2004.
To try and fix this I ran a silicone bead around the outside of the window, however, I still experienced water leaking issues.
IMG_2885.JPG

After sitting in the van during a storm I found that water was seeping in through the seals around the mid sliding window and would drip into the sliding window channel where it would pool and then spill into the van.
IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2859.JPG

At first, I thought it was an issue with the seals, however, I checked the opposite side of the van with the same sliding window and noticed that the seals were in a similar condition but there were no water leaks.
I then did another water test and poured water directly into the channel of both the leaking window and the non-leaking window and what I found was that in the non-leaking window, the water that filled the channel, would escape via the spitters on the outside. The leaking window simply pooled up inside the van and did not escape.
IMG_2888.jpg

I have a feeling that the spitters are just clogged up preventing the water from escaping.
IMG_2880.JPG

Would any know where I could obtain a detailed drawing or diagram showing the sliding window in section detail or have any suggestions on how to unclog or take apart this channel so I can give it a good clean?

Much appreciated and thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 Ford VJ Transit Bus LWB Auto
Drawn

Return to Technical Problems & Questions