*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

POP TOP REPLACEMENT!

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

POP TOP REPLACEMENT!

Postby rgutsell » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:46 pm

van and bike 001.JPG
Hallo

This is a bit "off the cuff" but you guys on this forum may be able to assist.

I have a 1997 Transit ( Smiley) that was converted in 1999 to a campervan by REIMO, and very nice it is too!

Sadly the pop up tent in the roof needs replacing, but REIMO no longer do this model it seems, and I cannot find a replacement, or how to fit it. Not even on YouTube!

Any Ideas?

Yours

Rgutsell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rgutsell
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: POP TOP REPLACEMENT!

Postby andz327 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:24 pm

rgutsell wrote:
van and bike 001.JPG
Hallo

This is a bit "off the cuff" but you guys on this forum may be able to assist.

I have a 1997 Transit ( Smiley) that was converted in 1999 to a campervan by REIMO, and very nice it is too!

Sadly the pop up tent in the roof needs replacing, but REIMO no longer do this model it seems, and I cannot find a replacement, or how to fit it. Not even on YouTube!

Any Ideas?

Yours

Rgutsell
Ask some of the pop top companies on ebay etc , with some measurements the maybe give you something suitable
Google...
Pop top canvas repairsImage
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: POP TOP REPLACEMENT!

Postby steviebee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:03 am

These are advertising on the Ford Transit self build campers on eBay. Not sure where you are in the country but these might held. Looks like one is up North and the other is in the South.

https://www.lakelandwindscreens.co.uk/v ... nversions/

07900273073 kentpoptops
2005 85ps t280 swb camper, chrome door handles, outside temp gauge and clock and auxiliary 12volt socket. Colour coded bumpers & door mirrors, Mondeo glasses holder. Auto dim rear view mirror. Vantunered :D . 2012 Transit Trend in Panther Black
steviebee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Technical Problems & Questions