*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

motor stops when lights are turned on

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: motor stops when lights are turned on

Postby Big Bank » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:11 am

Found a solution, without buying a new battery and without buying special testing devices!

I disconnected one of the headlights and the motor kept running. So I have to check the bulb now or the cables.
Has anyone ever had a problem like that?
Big Bank
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Big Bank wrote:Found a solution, without buying a new battery and without buying special testing devices!

I disconnected one of the headlights and the motor kept running. So I have to check the bulb now or the cables.
Has anyone ever had a problem like that?

Definitely sounds like a poorly earth....

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Big Bank » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 pm

"Just remove the bulb"

Need to find someone with a mini hand. Can't see a thing and remember there is some sort of clip which has to be removed, but all hidden by sharp metal edges. Will search for 'how to remove a bulb" - seems to be something only garages can manage - drivers don't have such long skinny arms!
Big Bank
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Big Bank » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Now the frost and continual has stopped I risked plugging (got someone with rubber hands to do it) in a new bulb and it all works normally now. I suspect it may have been dampness that caused the Ford car to fail. It has completely shut down for seconds but only when I was doing a fast turn at the lights. Car went dead for a second then on switching the ignition it was normal. At least the doors shut and the seats seem to work too so should I complain? People expect cars to fail these days. I will be glad when I can dump the lot and get a horse! I don't really enjoy inbuilt obsolescense.
Big Bank
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions