*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fuel line issues

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Fuel line issues

Postby Timg2020 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:58 am

Alreet there all.

New to the group but come here many times as a visitor and got cracking information.

I've got a ldv convoy 2001 with the 2.5d transit banana engine in it.

Done loads of miles but been well loved and looked after.

Other than been running bio through it fur a couple of years. Dodgy territory I know but I do 80 mikes a day in it and the cost difference was just too much to not go fur it.

So my issue is fuel not getting through correctly. I've run injector cleaner through it in the past and changed the fuel filter yesterday. It was only starting on easy start before I did that and the really struggling. Changed the fuel filter and it ran well for about 10 miles then cut out. Last week I got stuck and ran it very low in fuel. Worried sucked up crap/grease from the bottom of the tank. That best case scenario I figure and the main fuel pump hasn't gone. I've been looking and seems that it could be the fuel lift pump, I hope as much much cheaper than the main pump?! Am I right that this engine has a lift pump and could I be right in thinking this the problem... If so does anyone know the part number and good fast delivery site online? Recon pump and new injectors basically going to write her off so looking fur cheaper solutions to rule out first.

Tah very much fir any wisdom
Timg2020

2.5d banana in ldv convoy fuel line issues

Postby Timg2020 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Alright there.

Great info on this site but new to it.

So git 2.5di banana done over 200k. Been a diamond for a few years now. Regular servicing and oil but... Running it on bio fir the last couple of years due to doing 70 miles a day commute

Wouldn't start on Saturday. Git it going Sunday with East start but was really struggling.was worried main fuel pump had gone. I ran very lie on fuel last week and worried it had sucked crap/grease from the tank. Changed fuel filter and it went fine. For about 10 miles. Then loss of power gradually. Belching white smoke then full loss of power and won't start. Sat at roadside now!

So I hear it could be fuel lift pump? There is one on this engine right? If so does anyone have part number and good fast online source? Worried it's main pump and injectors clogged with bio crap, which will almost be a write off for her I think... Very sad and annoying if so. My own funeral for using bio i know..

Any other suggestions? Be great to rule out some cheaper fixes before I make the call in recon main pump and new injectors..

Cheers in advance
Timg2020

Return to Technical Problems & Questions