*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit 90 T 330 ASM to Manual Conversion.

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit 90 T 330 ASM to Manual Conversion.

Postby Duetto116 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:32 am

Wanted. Garage to carry out conversion.
VIN WFOLXXGBFL3L58628. 2402cc. 3280KG Gross. Diesel. Autosleeper Duetto Motor Caravan. Rear wheel drive. Fitted with the ASM auto/manual drive system. Buttons on the dash for Reverse, Neutral and Automatic 5 speed Drive. Mode selector on dash for Economy, Hills or Ice. There are + and - buttons on the steering wheel for selecting 'manual' gear-change.
Some great advice in the Forum for converting to a manual gear selector setup but arthritis makes this an impossible task for me. I'm looking for a garage to do the conversion. There are garages in Australia advertising this service but it's a bit far!
Hoping someone can help?
Duetto116

Re: Transit 90 T 330 ASM to Manual Conversion.

Postby knobby1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 am

Duetto116 wrote:Wanted. Garage to carry out conversion.
VIN WFOLXXGBFL3L58628. 2402cc. 3280KG Gross. Diesel. Autosleeper Duetto Motor Caravan. Rear wheel drive. Fitted with the ASM auto/manual drive system. Buttons on the dash for Reverse, Neutral and Automatic 5 speed Drive. Mode selector on dash for Economy, Hills or Ice. There are + and - buttons on the steering wheel for selecting 'manual' gear-change.
Some great advice in the Forum for converting to a manual gear selector setup but arthritis makes this an impossible task for me. I'm looking for a garage to do the conversion. There are garages in Australia advertising this service but it's a bit far!
Hoping someone can help?

Would help if you told us where you are.....Australia is a BIG place mate..!

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Duetto116 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:56 am

Hi Knobby, I meant Oz as a country is a bit far.... from the UK that is :lol: I'm in Preston, Lancs. but I'll go anywhere in the UK to get this done. It seems the actuators, costing £2400 plus, have a 'designed' failure rate of 60k to 90k miles. My Duetto is at 60k and playing up. A couple of times didn't drop to 1st, once didn't drop to 2nd. Had to select neutral to clear it, a bit embarrassing fiddling buttons at traffic lights. Gearbox warning light lit up on the motorway, pulled into services and it cleared after stopping and starting the engine? Time for a change? Is Knobrot any relation of Footrot, by the way?
Duetto116

Postby knobby1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Duetto116 wrote:Is Knobrot any relation of Footrot, by the way?

LOL... :lol: I think you'll find "Footrot" is more of a New Zealand thing..!

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 4x4 tranny » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Hi Duetto116

Not trying to be a smart arse here at all,and may not help you out, but I've just had an ASM system over hauled ands for sale its still fitted to engine allready to go, but sorry to say it is also in Australia Queensland, but the funny thing is I had it rebuilt buy a guy that is a transit nut from your country thats living here now.
He knows them inside out and has done a great job on it, and at a resonable price, as I had some stupid quotes.
So if anyone in Australias looking for one, let me know might be able yto help, oooo ya Im in Gold Coast if anyones interested.
4x4 tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby knobby1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:30 pm

4x4 tranny wrote:Im in Gold Coast if anyones interested.

Enjoying the Com Games..?? Or is it a pain in the ar$e for you..??

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 4x4 tranny » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:48 am

Not affecting me much just cant get to my volleyball at weekends, other than that I live about 12 ks from all the fuss.Pretty quite round the place really , think a lot of bussinesses closed up for the fortnight.
YOU shoulda come up and got loose with all the forgeneers..........lol
4x4 tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Technical Problems & Questions