*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Duratec 2.4 90bhp in an LDV Convoy Cutting out

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit Duratec 2.4 90bhp in an LDV Convoy Cutting out

Postby blowave » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi all, I have an LDV Convoy 2003 with the Transit 2.4 Duratec tddi engine and gearbox and other bits too. This is the problem.
Completely randomly it cut's out. I could be doing 25 on an A road or 60 on the motorway. The engine management light comes on and boom it dies. I pull over and re-start it and it's fine again for an hour. I had this problem on my previous two mk6 Transits and I changed the accelerator pedal and it cured it both times. I have changed the pedal on this and it has not worked although the new pedal has given a markedly improvement in performance. BUT......Here is the kicker...It only does it during the day, I put the headlights on at night and it never cuts out. I am a long distance courier and do half day and half night driving. It has been cutting out for the last 7 days but always during the day. The other light that briefly came on a couple of times yesterday was the Fuel Filter water light. If it is the filter sensor then i was thinking of disconnecting the wire from the filter. Would this have owt to do with it and would it be ok to pull the wire? Thanks People.
blowave

Re: Transit Duratec 2.4 90bhp in an LDV Convoy Cutting out

Postby knobby1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 pm

You need to get the codes read..! Otherwise it's an expensive guessing game.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions