*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Connect not turning over, help needed please

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Connect not turning over, help needed please

Postby Craftycarper » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 am

Hi everyone, 1st post so be gentle....I have a 2004 1.8 connect. It’s been laid up since I fitted a new starter and battery just prior to it’s mot in October and all was fine last time she was used. A couple of days ago i noticed I could only get in with the key, fob wouldn’t activate the doors. Anyhow once in there was nothing at the ignition, wipers kept activating although they wasn’t switched on, and there is a lot of clicking coming from the glove box area, relay noises I think but I’m not that wised up on electrics. Any help would be great if you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated
Craftycarper

Re: Connect not turning over, help needed please

Postby Altransit » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Welcome :D

Have you tested the battery? If it's been sitting idle for 6 months, you may well need a new one :shock: :(
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby knobby1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Altransit wrote:Welcome :D

Have you tested the battery? If it's been sitting idle for 6 months, you may well need a new one :shock: :(

+1..^^

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Craftycarper » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:49 am

Sorry for the delay...right I tried jump starting a week ago, still dead nothing happening at all. Yesterday I’ve taken starter off and bench tested, alls fine, I have put a fully charged battery on and nothing, no power at starter.
What I have noticed is central locking fob is not working, I have tried the reset 8 times thing and nothing it seems to work then not. Couple of things I have noticed is as soon as I turn ignition on wipers start even though no switched on, also I have a loud clicking I have traced to the fuse box under the bonnet R9 relay I believe.Red light is flashing on dash and at one point while I was cycling through the 8 turns of the ignition barrel I had test come up on the tachometer ? I’m pretty useless at electrics, what I know I could right on the back of a postage stamp....any ideas anyone?
Craftycarper

Return to Technical Problems & Questions