*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 transit - starting problems

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Mk7 transit - starting problems

Postby Arbdog » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi All
I have searched but cant find exactly what Im looking for?
I have a 2010 2.4 RWD what I wish I had never brought cuz its cost thousands.
We had the the injectors recondition before the big end went (caused by the injector fault), any way after a full engine rebuild it was fine for a few months until the last few months weve had major starting problems.
So on the first occasion not starting it was taken to the garage who said it was was a immobiliser fault and was going to change everything (fobs, ecu... ect), the ford mechanic took a look at it and agreed with them. Then it started starting on occasion whilst sitting there so they then come up with the fault was damaged cables in the fuse box and repaired a few of them and it was fine for a few weeks. Until the next time it happened.
The garage then said the problems was poor battery connections, so I replaced them, then it happened again so they said it was one of the batteries because it would go with a jump pack. I had the batteries checked and both were fine but it started fine on refitting. (both are less than a year old)
I park the van facing downhill with the nearside leaning down on the road so I started facing it up hill and it has been fine, until the last lot of heavy rain and it wont start again!!!!!
Is the problem water getting into the fuse box again, because the garage doesn't really know the problem and doesn't want to touch it anymore and I cant keep not working due to it not starting!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
Mark
Arbdog

Re: Mk7 transit - starting problems

Postby andz327 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:02 pm

Has it had any fault codes read by computer with iDS software ??
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Who reconditioned your injectors ??
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Arbdog » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:35 pm

Injectors were done by a reputable company up north as it was the only company our garage would use as they fully reconditioned to the highest standard including crystals ect?

The damage was already done with the old injectors.

I tried starting the van earlier and it would not start. solid light before cranking and with an attempt to start a flashing red light and 1 try to crank. disconnected 1 battery and tried to jump it as a professional locksmith said try ( and it worked before) nothing. then on a few more attempts it started.

Once it started it will crank over at full speed instantly? and start all day till parked up and then not restart normally after rain.

No fault codes given but the flashing light said no connection/power to ecu? pcm?
Arbdog

Postby knobby1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Arbdog wrote:No fault codes given but the flashing light said no connection/power to ecu? pcm?

What "flashing light" is this then..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:37 pm

So the problem is it wont crank over ?
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Arbdog » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:52 am

Doesnt start once its rained abd facing downhill! Anyone heard of this?
Arbdog

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:08 am

Is the fuel filter full..??
Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions