*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford transit mk 7 2.2

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Ford transit mk 7 2.2

Postby Steste123123 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:41 am

I have 2 problems any info on each would be a great help first of all I have just fitted front and rear pads as my test is due and pads were all nearly down to the metal i ground the lip off the discs ibought a kit to push back pistons I took cap off at brake fluid filler and when pushed all pistons back fluid over flowed after fitting all new pads I pumped brake peddle up and then started up but then peddle keeps going to the floor you can pump up a little bit but really soft so I bleed brakes but there was no air in at all as I thought they shouldn't be any way any ideas ???? Second thing I thought since it needs testing I would give it a service so fitted new fuel filter air filter warmed engine up and droped oil and fitted new oil filter filled up with oil filled fuel filer up with diesel left air filter out and the top box just in case I needed to give a little spray easy start which I didn't need started up revved it but now I have a high pitched whistling noise when its revved up and still doing it with air filter back in ...... I started with a van that runs fine no noises and stopped fine and now I'm left with a whistling noise an sh*t brakes lets say I'm not having a good day I have done these jobs hundreds of times with no issues anyone who has any ideas please let me know thanks ...
Steste123123

Re: Ford transit mk 7 2.2

Postby Steste123123 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanks everyone for you help its only been one week and not one reply I will find out myself then dont want your help f*** he'll man
Steste123123

Postby Brains_transit » Fri May 11, 2018 4:21 pm

If you have abs then that's why the brakes are crap, you need ford ids to blead it and was it a genuine fuel filter
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ake » Sun May 20, 2018 8:25 am

Check that air filter cover is correctly fitted along the rear edge
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions