*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DPF engine light on

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

DPF engine light on

Postby John the fixer » Thu May 10, 2018 8:19 pm

HI I am new here so please bear with me.

I have just brought a Transit 350 2.2 rwd LWB reg date 2012. on the drive home a red light came on and a message came up engine malfunction. I went to look at the message and it disappears, so I assumed the fault had cleared, then a short while later whilst on the motorway a yellow engine light came on, the van is still running fine. called into a local garage to get the codes read and it came up with glow plugs 1,2 and 3 and something about low fuel and engine limited and then one about the DPF not regenerating, the guy cleared the codes but as soon as we started it again a code came up saying the DPF was blocked, and the yellow light came on.

I have heard that you can get the DPF cleaned and also it could be caused by the glow plugs
questions

is this correct and does the cleaning work?
what else might be causing it not to regenerate?
has anyone come across DPF doctor they are a franchise and charge £300 inc vat to clean the DPF?

thanks for any advice you may be able to give
JOhn
John the fixer

Re: DPF engine light on

Postby Punto443 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:37 pm

99% of dpf problems on transits are caused by either broken wiring to the dpf or a knackers vaporiser.

I’d check this before getting it cleaned.
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Re: DPF engine light on

Postby bambi mk 1 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:14 pm

You will need to replace the glow plugs as it wont regen if you have a current fault plus running low on diesel wont help the cause either.You may be able to do a stacic regen by fooling it by programingthat it has a new dpf but with the glow plug fault you will be back to square one soon :(
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions