*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Engine service now

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Engine service now

Postby Wcoats » Sat May 12, 2018 9:20 pm

My 2015 ford transit custom (campervan) was in for its 3 year service....15007 miles on the clock. 50 miles later the "engine service now" came on and the engine went into limp mode. I returned the van to Arnold Clark to be told I could not get the van in for 3 weeks. I took the van to a friend who had access to ford diagnostics. Within 1 minute of connection I had been told that the air filter sensor was defective and required replacement. I returned to the store to ask if they could provide the replacement part (£247 + vat) Nearly fell on my back I was told earlier that the part was about £6 and would take 5 minutes to fit by my friend. I complained to the service manager about the original time to have the van repaired. I was asked to bring the van in yesterday at 7am to be informed the van would not be looked at that day and to leave the van until the next day. Now bearing in mind I had informed the garage that the van had been dispagnostically tested and required the air filter sensor to be replaced When I turned up today to collect the van I was charged £171.56

Diagnostic test and labour £130.50
air filter sensor £12.47
Vat £28.59

I will be submitting a complaint to Arnold Clark but it appears that this is possibly a common fault with ford transits. The van was operating perfectly well before its service and fault may have been as a result of removal of sensor during air filter replacement during service.
Wcoats

Re: Engine service now

Postby steve58 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi mate. My mk8 is doing the same.it was serviced befor I got it,two month ago,checked the air filter,nice and new,checked snow filter it was wet though water was sitting on top of the filter.ordered a new one should be here tomorrow.I will check the sensor as well.hope that will fix it.
steve58
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Engine service now

Postby loot » Fri May 18, 2018 10:00 pm

This upsets me :-(
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Problems & Questions